Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping from Leeds to Melbourne

Shipping from Leeds to Melbourne

Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

daniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nice
Default Shipping from Leeds to Melbourne

Halooo

I'm in the process of migrating from Leeds to Melbourne. Got a new job in Melbourne with start date of 5 Jan 2009. Can anyone suggest me any genuine company to ship from UK to OZ?

I do not have furnitures, but in total I should have around 5-7 boxes of 0.5 x 0.5 x 1.0 of personal belongings. So obviously I do not require a cargo since I do not have many stuff. The only weird thing I have is a guitar and snooker cue and I'm planning to hand carry them myself.

Please advise. Thank you.

Dan
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping from Leeds to Melbourne

I used Excess Baggage who were good. I'm sure lots of people will recommend other companies.

A good way to get started is to search on this forum for any of the company names given - you'll then get an idea of who, and who not, to use.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:49 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

How quickly do you need the boxes?

If it's a few days, you might need to pay to use DLH or similar (which we did when we moved from Lds to Asia a few years ago) but that is quite expensive.

You could look at airfreight with many of the shipping companies (took us 2 weeks incl customs clearance but that was from Asia to Aus).

Seafreight is your cheapest option if you don't mind hanging around for a part-load (we're talking a few months there).

As DM says, search the site for recommendations and otherwise.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Disco01 will become famous soon enoughDisco01 will become famous soon enough

We used Across the Ocean Shipping when we moved to Melbourne. www.atoshipping.com

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

daniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nicedaniel0331 is just really nice

Thank you for all your replies.

I prefer to be as slow as possible to buy myself more time to settle down without rushing in collecting my stuff. I shall carry important personal belongings in the flight.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice

I used http://www.freedomshipping.com/ and went with 5 Tea cartons. Very reasonably priced, good service thus far, just awaiting on the boxes to arrive in Oz on 20th December now.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MattW82
I used http://www.freedomshipping.com/ and went with 5 Tea cartons. Very reasonably priced, good service thus far, just awaiting on the boxes to arrive in Oz on 20th December now.
Hhmm... £33 for 40kg... sounds pretty reasonable!!! Cheers!!!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

roobush has a spectacular aura aboutroobush has a spectacular aura aboutroobush has a spectacular aura about

hi

my friend used sevenseas when she moved out to oz and said they were excellent. I think they offer free storage once your stuff gets there and she had hers in storage for 3 months!

might be worth checking out...
Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MattW82
I used these guys too and found them to be excellent.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Dont use crown, i would explain why in an open thread but it will just be deleted by the powers that be, anyone wanting further information as to why not to use them in particular leeds i will be more than happy to enlighten you on a PM
Old Dec 19th 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Gina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved from leeds (Pontefract) to Melbourne, with Freedom Shipping, our boxes are currently in transit as I type... we shipped 7 boxes and they will be here within 8 to 10 weeks from shipping. So far they have been very good, recommended.

Gina