Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Lambretta's

Shipping Lambretta's

Old May 8th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough
Default Shipping Lambretta's

I have two lambrettas I was hoping to ship over to Oz.
One is complete and the other was until I decided recently to rebuild it. After my recent job offer we have to get over in 8 weeks so it would be in boxes.

Does anyone know if they can be shipped with our personal stuff in a container by shippers and any problems that could be encountered?

Cheers
Nige.
Old May 8th 2009, 1:05 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Lambretta's

Originally Posted by claretandblue
I have two lambrettas I was hoping to ship over to Oz.
One is complete and the other was until I decided recently to rebuild it. After my recent job offer we have to get over in 8 weeks so it would be in boxes.

Does anyone know if they can be shipped with our personal stuff in a container by shippers and any problems that could be encountered?

Cheers
Nige.
You possibly could but they would still most likely be required to comply with all customs and import duties $$, roadworthy/ safety certificate $$ and registration $$ compliance etc. Ask your shipper, as they would should be able to give you all the information.
You might find this interesting http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/f...652.aspx#45652. If you filter out the crud, there is some good info on importing a scooter into Australia (pretty much the same as importing a car, but probably with less $$$$ involved).

Last edited by The Bloke; May 8th 2009 at 1:13 pm.
Old May 8th 2009, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

john mcshane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mate

go onto lambretta club of aus there was a guy on there how was taking his lamby in there container im sure,
Where about are you going to stay in oz , we are going to melbourne if we can ever sell our house , i am taking my li 125 (ts1) , cant wait to ride in some sunshine .

Jake
Old May 8th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by john mcshane
Hi mate

go onto lambretta club of aus there was a guy on there how was taking his lamby in there container im sure,
Where about are you going to stay in oz , we are going to melbourne if we can ever sell our house , i am taking my li 125 (ts1) , cant wait to ride in some sunshine .

Jake
Hi Jake,
We're going to Port Macquarie.
Poss both have to rejet for the hotter weather I think
Old May 8th 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bloke
You possibly could but they would still most likely be required to comply with all customs and import duties $$, roadworthy/ safety certificate $$ and registration $$ compliance etc. Ask your shipper, as they would should be able to give you all the information.
You might find this interesting http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/f...652.aspx#45652. If you filter out the crud, there is some good info on importing a scooter into Australia (pretty much the same as importing a car, but probably with less $$$$ involved).
Thanks for the reply, will take a look at scooter community
Old May 13th 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

NatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really nice

hi mate, i have a lambretta, hoping to move to perth ,thinking about taken scoot -not many lammies on oz ebay ,emailed west coast scooter club, the guy said short supply of lammies ,plenty px,s about ,would interested in prices for shipping .cheers dom
Old May 18th 2009, 4:38 am
Just Joined

battebabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nige,
you can ship them to Oz, but make sure you apply for import permits through the DOTARs web site prior to departure. if they are under 250cc, there should be little/no taxes payable on arrival