Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping of kitchen stuff

shipping of kitchen stuff

Old May 23rd 2009, 7:18 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light
Question shipping of kitchen stuff

Hi not sure where this question will go so I am trying it here. I make cakes as a hobby so have lots of cake tins cake cutters and edible cake colours will I be able to ship them to Oz and also my very grotty cake bible which I swear by has all my secrets in it (hehehe) my colours I am amsuming I cant because they are no longer sealed but If I replace them with brand new can I ship them then?

I only do it as a hobby but my kids love it when I make cakes for thier birthdays etc.
Thanks Av
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping of kitchen stuff

Originally Posted by avi
Hi not sure where this question will go so I am trying it here. I make cakes as a hobby so have lots of cake tins cake cutters and edible cake colours will I be able to ship them to Oz and also my very grotty cake bible which I swear by has all my secrets in it (hehehe) my colours I am amsuming I cant because they are no longer sealed but If I replace them with brand new can I ship them then?

I only do it as a hobby but my kids love it when I make cakes for thier birthdays etc.
Thanks Av
The cakes tins and cutter will be fine - colours should be OK as long as they are sealed, and don't contain nuts or fruit, just colouring.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what the colours will be like after 2-3 months in the container unused though.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

simon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by avi

Thanks Av
Hi I would ship as much as you can!!! I do alot of cooking and shipped all our kitchen!!! (not food items) very glad we did so as it would cost a fortune to have replaced it all
Old May 24th 2009, 7:56 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that big sigh of relief here. Even though my cake book is very grotty will it be ok it bears an awful lot of baking scars and is very grotty looks like a health hazard but it is well used by me. should I buy another or at least try to or will it get through?

Heres a pic of what I did for my youngest and others hope it works
Attached Thumbnails shipping of kitchen stuff-castle.jpg   shipping of kitchen stuff-barbie.jpg   shipping of kitchen stuff-dora.jpg  
Old May 24th 2009, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avi
Thanks for that big sigh of relief here. Even though my cake book is very grotty will it be ok it bears an awful lot of baking scars and is very grotty looks like a health hazard but it is well used by me. should I buy another or at least try to or will it get through?

Heres a pic of what I did for my youngest and others hope it works
Well all my hundred plus cookery books got through unopened and some of them are about 70 odd years old and probably have enough bits of food stuck to them to make one meal