Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Items To Australia?

Shipping Items To Australia?

Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Location: Currently living in Albany, WA with my wonderful fiancee and beautiful puppy Tyson.
Rache_B will become famous soon enough
Default Shipping Items To Australia?

Hi Guys,

Just got back from a trip back to the old country and i sorted out my stuff that i left behind. Im hoping to send some of these over to Australia soon. Does anyone know of a good, affordable company?

I'm looking to send over my guitar (will i need to buy a hard case for this?) and just a small box of items, nothing really breakable.

Have any of you sent these types of items over? Id love some feedback. The websited ive been on have been either confusing or stupidly expensive!x
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

CosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping Items To Australia?

Originally Posted by Rache_B
Hi Guys,

Just got back from a trip back to the old country and i sorted out my stuff that i left behind. Im hoping to send some of these over to Australia soon. Does anyone know of a good, affordable company?

I'm looking to send over my guitar (will i need to buy a hard case for this?) and just a small box of items, nothing really breakable.

Have any of you sent these types of items over? Id love some feedback. The websited ive been on have been either confusing or stupidly expensive!x
Depends if you want to ship the few items by sea or air. There are plenty of shipping companies...Crown, Masons, etc, tend to be sea bound Get them to come around to look at what you're wanting to ship to give you a quote.

Or you can send via air freight, which will be there quicker, but more expensive. I would highly recommend a hardcase for your acoustic. For about £100 you can get a very good one which are extremely sturdy. Make sure you take your guitar with you when you buy one.....make sure the case isnt so big that the guitar rattles about.

I've just shipped all my instruments over via sea freight. A couple of acoustic guitars, bazuki, mandolin, flute, drum kit. My Martin acoustic has its own hardcase, but I specified extra packaging on that one. Make sure to down tune your stringed instrument a couple of steps too, and put a silicon gel back inside the sound box. The other instruments went in standard packing (padded paper and boxes).