Reload this Page >

Shipping Insurance Claim Advice Please

Shipping Insurance Claim Advice Please

Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Blueracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Insurance Claim Advice Please

Hello All

It's been a while since my last post, as I have been settling into my new life in Perth WA. Absolutely love it and will write a detailed account of our first three months shortly.

Can anyone tell me where I stand on this issue.

We were advised to put an actual value down against each item on our inventory, as this would avoid reduced pay out on expensive items if damaged. This we did in detail and submitted to our carriers. Our TV arrived but the panel on the front of the TV where you open to manually adjust picture etc had snapped at the lugs so now this panel does not fit on and just leaves an unsightly open panel. I claimed the full value I insured this item for £500.00 beacuase I want to get a new TV that is not panelless but the insurance co has said they will only pay out £75.00 as the TV still works but the aestetics of the TV had been affected. To be fair the model no longer is available so I cannot repair the panel, and I really dont want to be stuck long term with an unsightly TV without the panel but I cannot replace the TV for £75.00.

My question is what is the point of specifically insuring the items if they are going to offer a vastly reduced offer. Damage is Damage in my view. would rather of had my TV arrive in full working & aestetic order. I Would be grateful if anyone who knows or has overcome this sort of issue to help me fire back a response.

cheers

BR