Reload this Page >

Shipping Insurance

Shipping Insurance

Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

llanfachreth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Insurance

Hi

I've been quoted 2.5% of value by the shippers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which companies to go for when it comes to insurance?

I have seen someone's suggestion of Letton Percival - are these a good insurer?

Also, what kind of things would you decide to insure? I'm assuming I don't insure everything as it would cost a fortune. What about clothes?

Thanks
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Insurance

Originally Posted by llanfachreth
Hi

I've been quoted 2.5% of value by the shippers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which companies to go for when it comes to insurance?

Also, what kind of things would you decide to insure? I'm assuming I don't insure everything as it would cost a fortune. What about clothes?

Thanks
We used them. They charge 1%. our stuff hasn't arrived yet so don't know about claiming.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

We used LP & we did have to claim. It was all quite good. If you search on the forum for them , they are generally well recommended.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

we shipped with pickfords and asked them to match letton percivals quote

which they were happy to do and it kept it all in house
Old Oct 26th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

llanfachreth is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.

I've spoken to Letton Percival and they charge 1.6%, including mould & mildew. Pretty good really.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

I've spoken to Letton Percival and they charge 1.6%, including mould & mildew. Pretty good really.
Yep it probably won't get better than that. Good luck.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
We shipped our stuff from London to Adelaide in July and arrived in September, without any insurance. Luckily or not, it went smootly. We shipped among others a piano, a new 42" plasma TV, a saxophone.

Regards
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

We used L&P too. Had to claim with stuff going out to Australia which was sorted very quickly.

Have just written to advise of a claim again now we are back in the UK - to my husband's ducati motorbike!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:33 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Used L and P, defo the cheapest and reasonable cover. They don't insurance electronics not working on arrival, but everything else good.

You insure you contents for what it will cost to replace them in Oz - this took me three days of research so good luck with that!

If you only insure your goods for £20,000 and the boat sinks and they were actually worth double that, you will only get the sum insured. If some are damaged you may end up with only half the cost as you are underinsured. Think carefully about only insuring part of your contents