Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping - I wish I had/hadn't packed....

Shipping - I wish I had/hadn't packed....

Old Nov 16th 2009, 3:46 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping - I wish I had/hadn't packed....

Pickfords will be with us in the first week of January to take our seafreight stuff, we're also entitled to 8 quite substantial boxes to send via airfreight. Anyone any tips on things we should/shouldn't pack in air/seafreight? Anything you'd wished you hadn't packed etc?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 9:58 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping - I wish I had/hadn't packed....

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Pickfords will be with us in the first week of January to take our seafreight stuff, we're also entitled to 8 quite substantial boxes to send via airfreight. Anyone any tips on things we should/shouldn't pack in air/seafreight? Anything you'd wished you hadn't packed etc?
bring all that you can it only needs replacing this end, unless its something you've not used for years! .. then again they are usually the things you decide you need
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Possums
bring all that you can it only needs replacing this end, unless its something you've not used for years! .. then again they are usually the things you decide you need
Definitely. Bring as much as you can get in!

I was just thinking the daftest thing I have had to replace is one of those hose things that fits on the taps of a basin, the kind of thing you use to wash your hair. You can only get them here with ONE tap fitting, to get one that fits onto both taps I had to get it sent from England, and I know I had two which I dumped when I moved originally thinking they'd be easy to replace.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

siamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nicesiamsusie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Definitely. Bring as much as you can get in!

I was just thinking the daftest thing I have had to replace is one of those hose things that fits on the taps of a basin, the kind of thing you use to wash your hair. You can only get them here with ONE tap fitting, to get one that fits onto both taps I had to get it sent from England, and I know I had two which I dumped when I moved originally thinking they'd be easy to replace.
Brought my two headed hose from K mart Pollyanna, and homehardware have them as well
Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:52 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Remember to take your kids on the plane with you. It is tempting to ship them but try to refrain from doing it.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

Yes, even the stuff you think is rubbish - bring it!
Also, if you are bringing beds over and have lots of UK bedding, bring spare UK duvets with you. Everything is a different size over here.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew
Yes, even the stuff you think is rubbish - bring it!
Also, if you are bringing beds over and have lots of UK bedding, bring spare UK duvets with you. Everything is a different size over here.
4 way plug adaptors at least 8 I would say.

Jo
Old Nov 17th 2009, 4:38 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Remember to take your kids on the plane with you. It is tempting to ship them but try to refrain from doing it.
Ewwwww we don't have kids lol Ten years in Primary Teaching has made sure of that lol
Old Nov 17th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had packed my kitchen stuff (good quality pots and pans and utensils), more quality egyptian cotton bedding as I already had them would have saved on getting them here and took me a fair while to find the quality pans I now use.
Go clothes shopping before you come over, stock up on quality underwear too as they are not so good over here.
I brought with me several multi sockets and put on english to Australian converter and is in most rooms for guests visiting etc.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 4:57 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Brill feedback so far people, thanks. Our airfreight will be leaving same time as sea and could well be ready for us once we arrive, we've no kids so any tips what kinda stuff would be good to arrive in Oz to in these 8 boxes?!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Make sure to pack silly things like clothes hangers, laundry baskets and ironing boards.
They are a pain to buy again and it does add up.

In your air freight, interview and work clothes. And something nice that you bought for yourself as a treat before you left.

It will be really nice to unpack all your things, and find something new and lovely to wear!
We travelled for a bit before coming to Oz and were totally fed up with our 'holiday' clothes. It was lovely to get something new in our air freight boxes!

Make sure you have a full inventory - our TomTom got stolen out of one of our boxes.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
Make sure to pack silly things like clothes hangers, laundry baskets and ironing boards.
They are a pain to buy again and it does add up.

In your air freight, interview and work clothes. And something nice that you bought for yourself as a treat before you left.

It will be really nice to unpack all your things, and find something new and lovely to wear!
We travelled for a bit before coming to Oz and were totally fed up with our 'holiday' clothes. It was lovely to get something new in our air freight boxes!

Make sure you have a full inventory - our TomTom got stolen out of one of our boxes.
Flip r u serious? By who? Packers? Customs?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:04 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Condoms,i have found the oz versions way too small
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

In the air freight I would probably put in an air bed, bedding and towels.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Condoms,i have found the oz versions way too small
Aww bless, typical small man syndrome, how sweet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.