Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping,having place to live etc.

shipping,having place to live etc.

Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default shipping,having place to live etc.

I was wondering people who have shipped a container over of there household stuff,did they have somewhere to go before arriving in oz to give shipping company an address.
Did they go over before and get somewhere or just arrive,get something temp,like rent and then look for somewhere they plan to live in more as in buying.
If there temp place was not very big etc,and there stuff arrived what did they do with it all,put in storage and if so was this expensive.

If and when i am ready to head over i plan on taking some stuff with me in a container and was wondering how you go about it,when you arrive get a rented place and while living there find an area and house you like and then move in before your stuff arrives.
How long does it take to ship stuff from uk approx,and what happens if as said already you not got a place to put your stuff in.

Has many people had items damaged and if so the companies that are bad for it,and the companies also recommended,also anyone had stuff go missing and if so and why was they rare,just not packed right etc.

Was there things a shipping company said best not ship or take,or did you not listen and take anyway,anybody took anything they wished they had not as no good in oz.