Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping of goods (motorbikes)

shipping of goods (motorbikes)

Old May 22nd 2006, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

tuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant future
Default shipping of goods (motorbikes)

just a quick question can you put your motorbikes in the container cos me and my daughter race over here and want to take them with us i guess you have t odrain all fluids out and strap them down but not 100%
Old May 22nd 2006, 7:52 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping of goods (motorbikes)

Originally Posted by tuftey
just a quick question can you put your motorbikes in the container cos me and my daughter race over here and want to take them with us i guess you have t odrain all fluids out and strap them down but not 100%
DON,T drain the engine oil, its not a problem, fuel free is good , and see if you can pick up a "Skel-crate "from your local bike dealer, Ducati do i nice one, we load and receive bikes all the time............. mm
Old May 22nd 2006, 7:58 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Hi Tuftey if you type in 'triumph daytona 955i' into the search box at the top of the page it will give you previous threads on the subject am sure you will get allsorts of info (we imported ours in our household container)
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

tuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant futuretuftey has a brilliant future

i thought it was as easy because its household goods and personnel items my bikes have 4 wheels so they will fit on a pallet no probs strapped down and secure
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

i thought it was as easy because its household goods and personnel items my bikes have 4 wheels so they will fit on a pallet no probs strapped down and secure
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:23 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

If you are refering to Quads [off road] make sure they are Dirt free as AQIS will check them with a fine tooth comb. .............. mm
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:37 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mr mover
If you are refering to Quads [off road] make sure they are Dirt free as AQIS will check them with a fine tooth comb. .............. mm
You need to approval to import bikes from DOTARS.
http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vs...wnloads.aspx#5

This is the advice from AQIS;

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...40418DF4E4F0D5

Good luck... there's a nice 4 page form to fill in before you even worry about getting a crate or putting your bike in the container!!

Sonic x
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
You need to approval to import bikes from DOTARS.
http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vs...wnloads.aspx#5

This is the advice from AQIS;

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...40418DF4E4F0D5

Good luck... there's a nice 4 page form to fill in before you even worry about getting a crate or putting your bike in the container!!

Sonic x

my son has a vespa, i asked a couple of weeks ago about any kind of import tax and didnt get much of a reply. he's had it about 10 months. can anyone help please?!
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:25 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by debbiemc
my son has a vespa, i asked a couple of weeks ago about any kind of import tax and didnt get much of a reply. he's had it about 10 months. can anyone help please?!
then he can't import it.. you need to have owned the bike (obviously I use the term bike loosely for a vespa ) for 12 months before you can import it... I think the import tax is about 10% if the value.. there's loads of information on those two links... it takes a bit of wading thru tho!!

Sonic x

Old May 22nd 2006, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
then he can't import it.. you need to have owned the bike (obviously I use the term bike loosely for a vespa ) for 12 months before you can import it... I think the import tax is about 10% if the value.. there's loads of information on those two links... it takes a bit of wading thru tho!!

Sonic x

cheers sonic, he will have had it over a year by the time we go.
cheeky bugger i want a vespa too!!
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:37 am
Now a Mummy!

Originally Posted by debbiemc
cheers sonic, he will have had it over a year by the time we go.
cheeky bugger i want a vespa too!!
You need to fill in the Application for Approval to Import a vehicle when he's had it over 12 months then. It costs $50 for the application! and it says you should allow 17 days from the receipt of the application and all documentation for processing and issue of approval...

Get a proper bike!!!!

Sonic xx