Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping with Excess-Baggage.com

Shipping with Excess-Baggage.com

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice
Default Shipping with Excess-Baggage.com

http://www.excess-baggage.com

Has any used this company or know anything about them? They have quoted us for a 50 cubic foot container

Thanks

Marcus
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping with Excess-Baggage.com

Originally Posted by M_and_J

Has any used this company or know anything about them? They have quoted us for a 50 cubic foot container

Thanks

Marcus

yes we used them and to be honest

they were brilliant
at both ends ( sounds dodgy does that )

they had their own guys in the uk anmd used "grace" over here

definatley a thumbs up from me
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
yes we used them and to be honest

they were brilliant
at both ends ( sounds dodgy does that )

they had their own guys in the uk anmd used "grace" over here

definatley a thumbs up from me
Thanks Steve-o

and yes it did sound dodgy!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

hi, we used them too and they were great
good price, reliable and nothing broken so would recommend them for sure
selina x
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

id recommend them too. No probs
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

We used them to ship us from Swindon to Bendigo (Victoria) and they were great.

The packing staff were excellent as were the office staff both in the UK and OZ, very friendly and helpful.

Everything arrived safe with just one wine glass stem broken, I would highly recommend them.

Hazel
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

This is all good news then, many thanks for replying
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say, they will pick up from other places outside of the UK.

I have had real problems getting any help over here. But sent Excess Baggage an email. They answered next morning and gave me good quote.

So will pick up door to door, even if you are outside the UK.

Thanks for good input, think I will go with them

Gems
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Amanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant future
Angry Re: Shipping with Excess-Baggage.com

When shipping your excess baggage BEWARE of excess-baggage.com

I shipped a suitcase with them and after paying in advance in full for delivery to my door in Australia:

excess-baggage.com added an ADDITIONAL freight charge that had never been discussed.

This was after it was weighed, measured, and freight calculated by them and pre-paid by me at the point of shipping

excess-baggage.com refused to release my goods unless the amount was paid AND they charged me 24 pounds storage while I argued the point with them.

In fact, excess-baggage.com didn't even respond to my emails except to send additional copies of the invoices and statements for the ADDITIONAL and UNAGREED freight charges they had imposed.

When the parcel arrived in Australia I had to argue with their Australian agent that the parcel was shipped door to door to avoid paying an ADDITIONAL delivery fee of 126 Australian dollars.

All in all the cost of shipping my luggage home to Australia almost doubled from that quoted by excess-baggage.com.

If you don't mind being done like a dinner then use excess-baggage.com, otherwise go DHL. Its cheaper in the end.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M_and_J

Thanks

Marcus
We used them (booked through 1st contact as it was 20% cheaper than booking with excess baggage directly) to ship most of our stuff in 13 or 14 boxes from London to Adelaide.

All in all they provided a good service. There were some minor problems but they were sorted out in the end.

We didn't have to pay anything that we didn't know about (shipping + insurance when boxes left the UK and AQIS fees when the boxes landed).

The agent that they use in Adelaide (Kent International) gave great service from initially sorting out the paperwork to delivering our boxes to where and when we wanted them.

If I was moving again (not likely after the stress of this move), I'd happily use Excess Baggage.

Cheers

Steve
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Amanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant futureAmanda Monroe has a brilliant future
Angry Re: Shipping with Excess-Baggage.com

Maybe excess-baggage.com is OK with containers but its not so with a solo suitcase.

I'd believe it was an error but the errors just continued and continued and in the end it was looking like company policy to just get as much money as possible out of me since they had my goods and what could I do except pay?

The final straw was them misinforming the agent here in Melboune that it was not 'door-to-door'. The delivery guy said 'we get endless complaints' about excess-baggage.com and if they hadn't argued on my behalf I'd have had to pay even more to get my suitcase.

Never touch them again.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:54 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda Monroe
Maybe excess-baggage.com is OK with containers but its not so with a solo suitcase.

I'd believe it was an error but the errors just continued and continued and in the end it was looking like company policy to just get as much money as possible out of me since they had my goods and what could I do except pay?

The final straw was them misinforming the agent here in Melboune that it was not 'door-to-door'. The delivery guy said 'we get endless complaints' about excess-baggage.com and if they hadn't argued on my behalf I'd have had to pay even more to get my suitcase.

Never touch them again.
theres always on wineing bastard and today its you

what was it 3 maybe 4 posta all complaining

do me a favour and knob off

regards steve
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:16 am
Just Joined

That's Whining Steve.

and I don't see that pointing out that I've been ripped off by excess-baggage.com is whining. I don't see that responding to your rebuttal, since you have only container experience is whining.

I read the web reports too and they were all non-whining 'it was OK reports'. Well if someone gave an honest account that went against the grain I might have thought twice and maybe saved a hundred pounds and 6 weeks waiting for excess-baggage.com to deliver the suitcase they said would take 'less than a week'.

I'm just trying to help the good folk here avoid being ripped off like I was.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

Dunno whether we were just lucky, but we used Excess-baggage for an extra suitcase. We got a quote over the website and confirmed over the phone. They were going to pick it up but since we were going to the airport the next day we dropped it off at their counter then.They delivered it our door in Oz without any problems. We told all the charges and it was a breeze and much cheaper than some of the alternatives.

We took the recommendation from a post on this forum and were very pleased with them.

Regards,
Karen
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:45 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by Amanda Monroe
That's Whining Steve.

and I don't see that pointing out that I've been ripped off by excess-baggage.com is whining. I don't see that responding to your rebuttal, since you have only container experience is whining.

I read the web reports too and they were all non-whining 'it was OK reports'. Well if someone gave an honest account that went against the grain I might have thought twice and maybe saved a hundred pounds and 6 weeks waiting for excess-baggage.com to deliver the suitcase they said would take 'less than a week'.

I'm just trying to help the good folk here avoid being ripped off like I was.
four posts and still whining

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.