Shipping do's and don'ts!!!

Wikiposts

Shipping do's and don'ts!!!

Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question Shipping do's and don'ts!!!

Guys,
Me and the wife are heading out to Sydney soon and are after advice on which shipping companies to use and more importantly who to avoid like the plague!!!
We've sold all our furniture and are only taking around 80 cubic feet of stuff which is already boxed up and would need to be insured for approx 20 grand (GBP).
Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!!!!
Many thanks in advance
Mr & Mr Patmoss
Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:12 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping do's and don'ts!!!

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,
Me and the wife are heading out to Sydney soon and are after advice on which shipping companies to use and more importantly who to avoid like the plague!!!
We've sold all our furniture and are only taking around 80 cubic feet of stuff which is already boxed up and would need to be insured for approx 20 grand (GBP).
Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!!!!
Many thanks in advance
Mr & Mr Patmoss
Hi, I've just decided on Eagle as my shiping company as they seem really professional and knowledgeable, and I bartered with the price which is always a bonus.
Whatever you do, do NOT use Anglo Pacific, they have been renamed on here as ***** ********. Plenty of horror stories about them if you do a search.
There's a few shiping threads on here at the moment so probably worth taking a look at those too.
Marie
Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road

Cheers marie, will look em up!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

johnnet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by patmoss
Cheers marie, will look em up!
Patmoss

We went with international excess removals with 110cu/ft and were charged 840 uk pounds...........this is their website: http://www.overseasremovals.com/
By the way, only gave them 10days notice prior to pickup, very professional, and only had 1 breakage which was an umbrella(don't think we would have had too much use for it anyway!)
Hope this helps

Johnnet