Nearly gone!

Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:37 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nearly gone!

Well the packers have been and the contents of my home are on there way to Melbourne. The house is sold and we are 'camping' out at the in-laws. Been here 11 days already. I can't believe how the time is flying and D Day is approaching very fast. Leaving do on Wednesday in London and Friday in Eastbourne. Husband finishes work on the 20th June and we fly out on the 23rd. OMG - I suppose I will have to start to now think about arriving at the other end and what I intend to do ie. go to work or become a 'Lady who Lunches' - I think I know what hubbie will say to that one! Look foward to seeing some of you on the 'other side'
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

ballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura aboutballyhoo has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nearly gone!

Those last few days are going to fly by! Good luck with the goodbyes and flights and hello to a new future.

We are hoping to be in your position very soon.

Michele
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:07 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Well the packers have been and the contents of my home are on there way to Melbourne. The house is sold and we are 'camping' out at the in-laws. Been here 11 days already. I can't believe how the time is flying and D Day is approaching very fast. Leaving do on Wednesday in London and Friday in Eastbourne. Husband finishes work on the 20th June and we fly out on the 23rd. OMG - I suppose I will have to start to now think about arriving at the other end and what I intend to do ie. go to work or become a 'Lady who Lunches' - I think I know what hubbie will say to that one! Look foward to seeing some of you on the 'other side'
Hope you have a great last few days in the UK and a good flight here.

Where in Melbourne are you heading?

Cas
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:10 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Nearly gone!

Your not as 'Nearly Gone' as J&J, they are sitting in Heathrow airport as we write.........now thats nearly gone!

Good luck though when your time comes.

R.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:10 am
julie

jul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the roughjul44 is a jewel in the rough

Isn't it exciting!
You must finally feel like things are falling into place.
We have been over here for 7 weeks now and enjoying every minute of it.
It will feel like Christmas when your contents arrive, I know it did for us.

Good luck with the goodbyes and with your flight.
What part of Melbourne are you moving to?

Julie.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:11 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Vanessa and enjoy your last few days.

PS. look forward to some tapas and merlot on the other side
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hope you have a great last few days in the UK and a good flight here.

Where in Melbourne are you heading?

Cas
Initially we are in Darling Street, South Yarra but then I will have a good look around for something to rent and then hopefully build. We want to be within commuting distance of CBD - husband does about an hour and a half to work at the mo so want to cut that down considerably.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by fraser
Good luck Vanessa and enjoy your last few days.

PS. look forward to some tapas and merlot on the other side
I thought that you were the Champagne king!! What is your time scale now?
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that you were the Champagne king!! What is your time scale now?
Just trying to fit in

We're hoping to leave here around the end of August begining of September.
We're waiting for a tree surgeon to come round today as our first time buyers are worried about conifer roots which really aren't a problem.

Their mortgage is in place so it'll just be a case of exchanging and setting a date
if all goes well.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by fraser
Just trying to fit in

We're hoping to leave here around the end of August begining of September.
We're waiting for a tree surgeon to come round today as our first time buyers are worried about conifer roots which really aren't a problem.

Their mortgage is in place so it'll just be a case of exchanging and setting a date
if all goes well.

Dressed like that you will always be noticed!!

Best of luck with your buyers and hope to meet you and the family the other side - I promise I will do tapas and cava!!!
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:28 am

Dressed like that you will always be noticed!!

Best of luck with your buyers and hope to meet you and the family the other side - I promise I will do tapas and cava!!!
Australian Champagne is OK and very reasonably priced
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:30 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Initially we are in Darling Street, South Yarra but then I will have a good look around for something to rent and then hopefully build. We want to be within commuting distance of CBD - husband does about an hour and a half to work at the mo so want to cut that down considerably.
Well good luck - coming to Melbourne is not a decision I regret