Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping to Darwin....anyone headed that way?

Shipping to Darwin....anyone headed that way?

Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:15 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping to Darwin....anyone headed that way?

All

Anyone headed to Darwin around June time? We need to book shipping but at the mo are having difficulty obtaining groupage......if anyone is headed that way and we can organise groupage - give us a shout!!!
For what little we have it seems sooooo expensive!

Only had one quote back at mo, with PSS waiting for another from John Masons.....PSS looking into groupage to Adelaide, take it would then need to look at transporting to Darwin.....

Cheers Ems x
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:30 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping to Darwin....anyone headed that way?

I used Allied Pickfords to transport a small amount of stuff (3mx3m) from Alice Springs NT to Brisbane QLD and found them pretty reasonable - if you find you have to ship to Adelaide?

Don't pack any winter stuff - it's unbelievably hot and muggy up here!! Be prepared for expensive rentals - I still haven't found anywhere to live and part of the struggle is trying to process the exhorbitant amount of money they are demanding for a tiny, crappy, roach infested unit!!!! I've also found Real Estate agents up here are really slack - in the past when I've moved I've simply walked into an agent, told them the school where I was teaching and they've tried their best to help me - in Darwin I have not even been able to get them to call me back regarding viewing times. It is NOT a renters market at the moment but I'm hoping for a property crash to teach the greedy beggers a lesson!!!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Allied Pickfords have a branch here, so they should be able to do a reasonable price. They shipped my stuff here 4 years ago and were very good, although I wasn't paying..

Shipping from Adelaide to Darwin is not uncommon and not overly expensive.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 5:56 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks both will give them a shout!

Ems x