Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping costs per size container

Wikiposts

Shipping costs per size container

Old Apr 6th 2006, 8:14 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping costs per size container

Originally Posted by Luma
What is the rough average price for a 20ft container? Am I correct in guessing £3500?

Is it worth selling some of the bigger things and for going for half a container?

What is everyone's experience in this.

We were quoted this and more for 20ft containter, so we have decided to take the oportunity and have a huge sort out and down size to half a container (they call this shared)
The stuff we will be packing can be lived without for a 'few' weeks, only furinture going is our 3 & 2 seater plus chair, and some chest of drawers! the rest is boxes of sh*t that we decided we (me) couldn't live without!
Cost is about 2100 approx, but can't do without my photos etc (got many photo's) coz some of them can never be replaced (dad etc)
Old Apr 7th 2006, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

tartancarly will become famous soon enoughtartancarly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bluenico
I work with a Shipping Company, and can advise you of the following costs regarding a 20' Container ex Berkshire to Fremantle Port, Perth as Follows :

DOOR BERKSHIRE TO FREMANTLE PORT : GBP 1500.00
FUMIGATION (IF WOODEN CONTENTS) : GBP 125.00
AUSTRALIAN HANDLING CHARGES : GBP 185.00 ( APPX AUD450.00)

Based on you loading the container yourself.

Normal Shipping time to Perth is appx 32 Days.

Feel Free to contact if you need any further information.

Hi Bluenico,

We will be sharing a 20ft container. The problem we've had with the shipping companies is that they quoted us prices months ago for a 3 apt house, so we decided to take as little as possible, toys and books etc and a few household items that can be flat-packed and they are still quoting us similar prices? It sounds to me that there is a standard rate so now we are deciding to take as much as we can. Can you offer us any advice or give as a quote.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Our quotes so far for 20ft container:
Allied Pickfords: £5700 :scared:
Kent (using Harrow Green in UK): £4700

We are now waiting to get someone come quote from GB Liners through Kent.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Hi Elly

If you dont mind me asking what did you get quoted for a part shipment.

As I am thingking the same as you sell what we have got here and buy new their, as we dont have much that we want to take with us anyway.

Linda
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

richard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hi Elly

As I am thingking the same as you sell what we have got here and buy new their, as we dont have much that we want to take with us anyway.

Linda

Hello. Crown relocations charged us 1,946 pounds not inc 5% insurance for quarter of container. You can get smaller than this as it is based on a sq m.
Elly
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

richard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hi Elly

Linda

Hello. Crown relocations charged us 1,946 pounds not inc 5% insurance for quarter of container. You can get smaller than this as it is based on a sq m.
Elly
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:11 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Luma,

have you tried Overs. I saw them at a migration fayre last year and thought they were really helpful. Charges for a 20ft container were about 3500 if my memory serves me correct. I can't remember what they said about a shared one.

When we get a bit nearer to going I am going to contact them for a price as I thought they were very helpful.

J
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Can anyone help me out ? What exactly do you get charged for?
If you decide to have sole use of a 20' container and only say, half fill it, do you get charged the same amount as for a whole container or are you charged a reduced amount to reflect the space your stuff takes up. This, I assume ,will be more £££'s than if you shared a container.
We intend to self pack our container and arrange secure storage (in Sydney) 'til we find a permanent place to settle.This may take a few months. Anyone know the cost of storage and can you have access to your gear,for personal effects, bedding , clothing etc.
S
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Any one ???
Originally Posted by stubbyholder
If you decide to have sole use of a 20' container and only say, half fill it, do you get charged the same amount as for a whole container or are you charged a reduced amount to reflect the space your stuff takes up. This, I assume ,will be more £££'s than if you shared a container.
We intend to self pack our container and arrange secure storage (in Sydney) 'til we find a permanent place to settle.This may take a few months. Anyone know the cost of storage and can you have access to your gear,for personal effects, bedding , clothing etc.
S
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:45 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Any one ???
I'm here, but I don't know the answer!! Good question though
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the quote would be exactly the same as one of the chaps that came to quote for shipping said the quote for the 20ft container would depend on how much work is envolved in packing all the stuff and then loading it. So presumably it would be slightly less if your container is half fill.

S
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:39 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

S
Your container will have to go into a Fed/govt approved bond store, the contents removed for inspection by AQIS, who will check for soil contamination, and any illegal products, because you are a Self/pack you will come under more scrutiny, once cleared you can arrange for movement of your goods to a more permanant storage Facility,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr mover
Your container will have to go into a Fed/govt approved bond store, the contents removed for inspection by AQIS, who will check for soil contamination, and any illegal products, because you are a Self/pack you will come under more scrutiny, once cleared you can arrange for movement of your goods to a more permanant storage Facility,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm
Many thanks for your replies Luma and MM- I've been looking at some old posts of yours MM,which have been of great assistance. I've read that the FF in the UK can arrange the move to the bond store, and understand the situation re self packing, AQIS, inventories, declaration of unaccompanied goods etc. It's the move to the storage facility /the costs and access I'm trying to gather info. on ( amongst a million other things) I'll call a few FF's in the UK for quotes and see what they think after all I'm not the first to do this.
S
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Originally Posted by richard-elly
Elly
Thanks most helpfull, I will just add it to the budget List.

Linda
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bluenico
I work with a Shipping Company, and can advise you of the following costs regarding a 20' Container ex Berkshire to Fremantle Port, Perth as Follows :

DOOR BERKSHIRE TO FREMANTLE PORT : GBP 1500.00
FUMIGATION (IF WOODEN CONTENTS) : GBP 125.00
AUSTRALIAN HANDLING CHARGES : GBP 185.00 ( APPX AUD450.00)

Based on you loading the container yourself.

Normal Shipping time to Perth is appx 32 Days.

Feel Free to contact if you need any further information.

Hi,
which cpmany are you with? Rates seem reasonable. we are heading London to Perth in November.
Cheers,

Ros

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.