Reload this Page >

Shipping cosmetics and toiletries

Shipping cosmetics and toiletries

Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Lottieloves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping cosmetics and toiletries

Hi,
can anyone tell me if its ok to ship cosmetics and toiletries to Australia.
We are filling a 20ft container and the rep from the company that has just given us a quote, said that I can't put any toiletries or cosmetics in the container. He suggested that I take them in my suitcase! Is this correct?
I just want to pack moisturisers, soap, doedorants, perfume, bubble bath and make up, etc.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Oz-bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping cosmetics and toiletries

Hi! I packed cosmetics and toiletries and had no problem at all - even mentioned them on the inventory and no hassles, so not sure why they're saying no
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottieloves
Hi,
We are filling a 20ft container and the rep from the company that has just given us a quote, said that I can't put any toiletries or cosmetics in the container. He suggested that I take them in my suitcase! Is this correct?
I just want to pack moisturisers, soap, doedorants, perfume, bubble bath and make up, etc.
I had a small mountain of stuff, Boots NAtural Collection, Body SHop, various other bits and pieces. Absolutely no problem at all. Get some plastic boxes and pack them into those for extra protection, and they'll be fine.
Remover doesn't know what he's on about.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

sundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant future

You will be fine to ship them, just put them in a plastic container or something to protect against spillage.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:32 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We shipped some toiletries in our container but they had to be new, unopened bottles, packets, listed them too and had no problems

Never last long enough though and soon you have to learn to try Aussies toiletries, plus theres lots of familiar brands here anyway. C x
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:36 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
We shipped some toiletries in our container but they had to be new, unopened bottles, packets, listed them too and had no problems

Never last long enough though and soon you have to learn to try Aussies toiletries, plus theres lots of familiar brands here anyway. C x
What about prescribed medicines?? I have some anti inflam tablets I take regularly for back pain, are they allowed?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:42 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paddyo
What about prescribed medicines?? I have some anti inflam tablets I take regularly for back pain, are they allowed?
but pointless seeing as they have anti - inflam tabs there too.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:44 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I would have thought you would pack these in your suitcase. Your container may take up to 3 months to arrive so any medication you may need should be kept with you!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:46 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
I would have thought you would pack these in your suitcase. Your container may take up to 3 months to arrive so any medication you may need should be kept with you!
ah....good thinking batman!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:46 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Built up a bit of a supply before leaving UK so i wouldnt need to see a doctor too soon after arrival, packed most of it in the suitcases the rest in the container.

I brought inhlers with me too, although my asthma is much calmer here brought some prescribed anti-histermine (sp) tablets with me too, just listed them , no problems.

Good Luck C x

Last edited by shiels; Mar 6th 2008 at 10:51 am.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:28 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottieloves
Hi,
As long as none of the above is in a pressurised container, you can take it all.

In other words, if your deodorants are the roll-on type, then you can pack them in the container. But if your deodorants are the spray-on type, then you can't pack them in the container (but you can pack them in a suitcase and take them along as hold luggage).

Gina
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:37 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Can you pack opened makeup? I have *cough* somewhat of a stash (think your average makeup counter...) and I'm bringing it ALL! can't see if fitting my suitcase though and we'll probably be only using tea chests rather than a container. Wonder if this would be ok?

I'm not going if i can't bring it with me....!!

Therese
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Lottieloves is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies - I didn't think the shipping rep was right!
It just seemed such a waste to get rid of all the toiletries that we have, (much of them unopened,) as I know from experience that many brands are much more expensive in Australia.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:29 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know if you can take hair colour & peroxide? Ony asking as I am a hairdresser & have quite a bit of it. Would seem a shame to throw it all away
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I packed loads of toiletries that I stockpiled before I left. The removal people taped the lids shut just in case and packed them in boxes. I definitley recommend sending plenty, especially baby wipes and nappies if you have a baby. Baby wipes are really expensive here as are shampoos and conditoners.

We sent our things a month before we came and even though we still had to wait for the stuff at this end it was nice to have my own brands of sanitary things etc until you get used to what you can buy here. Also piriton liquid is expensive to buy from the chemist here, I paid nearly $20 for a bottle that would have cost me £4 in Sainsburys.

Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.