Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Container Storage - Adelaide

Shipping Container Storage - Adelaide

Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

DarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond reputeDarJos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping Container Storage - Adelaide

Hello Folks, in the next couple of months we are going to be selling our house in Adelaide with the intention of travelling in the UK (catching up with family – I’m Scottish, OH English). Then we would like to travel and stay in Europe (France/Spain) for 12 to 18 months in total. A middle age gap year! We have been in Australia for 22 years so this will be a real change.

As we will not be taking our home contents with us I thought we would store our belongings here in Adelaide and then when we know what we are doing (either returning to Australia or staying the UK) we can then sort out the home contents.

I have called Pods and GoBox for an idea of the cost to store with them. The quotes are fine but thinking long term it may be worth trying to store our contents in a shipping container and store here in Adelaide. If we subsequently decide to stay in the UK (no idea at the moment) we can then just have the shipping container sent over. If we use Pods or Go Box we do not have this option. They will store for us but then if staying in the UK we would need to arrange the removal from their storage and re-packing into a shipping container. (expensive)

My question is does anyone know of a company that will provide long term storage in Adelaide and then can ship to UK if necessary without the double handling? I’m not sure if it’s possible and thought this forum would be a good start for finding out.

Many thanks, and, if I have posted in the wrong section I hope you will be able to move for this first time poster.

Cheers.