Reload this Page >

Shipping Company Help

Shipping Company Help

Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

sammy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Company Help

Hello

Looking for some advice on shipping companies. I have booked with shippit.com has anyone went with this company were they any good. I have a 2 bdrm flat and have been quoted 1200 with these guys. If anyone has any recommendations of any good movers would appreciate any help. Moving Nov from uk to adelaide Thank you
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping Company Help

We used doree bonner from scotland to the gold coast, we had a 40ft container their price was good and everything arrived fine , no breakages!

Tho we did use letton percival for the insurance as they were much better price wise, and even the guy at DB said we should use them ..once he heard the price and realised the cover was as good as what they were offering

good luck with your move
Old Sep 10th 2009, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

ERAYJ is an unknown quantity at this point

This is not a removal company but a brokerage. You will not have any control over quality or responsibility.

I work within the industry and would suggest you look for a member of the BAR Overseas Group. This means that the company you chose will offer pre payment protection and meet a good standard. It also means that you will get a price for door to door instead of to port only, leaving you with extra to pay.

Not all non BAR companys do this, however we do hear about people being stiched up in this way.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

sammy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanx for reply

Are you talking about the company shipit.co.uk Have you heard anything about them. I know you said they do port to port but they are picking up at my house. Sorry i am asking questions just another wee one what do you mean when you say I wont have any control over quality or responsibility ? here is the website address www.shipit.co.uk are they definitely a brokers. Any advice you could give me would be very much appreciate thank u
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

ERAYJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sammy, I stand corrected, they do not appear to be a brokerage but a freight forwarder.

I have no knowledge of the company, however I would again recomend a BAR company, as they are the only trade association whos terms and conditions are approved by the Office of Fair Trading.

This company may well do door to door, just make sure you have it in writing exactly what they include and do not include within the price.

I hope that this helps
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:48 am
Just Joined

thecatjh is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya, its important that not only the price please's you but that you are happy with the level of service and advice you are offered, ,many can quote the job but do many understand your needs, to you its the most important thing in the world (your effects) to others its just another job !!
Cheers
Paul