Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which shipping company do i use?

Which shipping company do i use?

Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

simon jackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which shipping company do i use?

We are about to move to Perth and have three companies in mind. Are their any good companies which anyone could recommend to me please
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all
Default Re: Which shipping company do i use?

Originally Posted by simon jackson
We are about to move to Perth and have three companies in mind. Are their any good companies which anyone could recommend to me please
what part of the uk do you live?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:36 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hiya!

I got a fairly decent quote from 1st Move international ltd. www.shipit.co.uk I've not heard if anyone has used them or not though so can't really recommend as I haven't a clue myself!

Try searching in the search tab above, I'm sure you'll find some info that way

Good Luck!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:46 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I've got Doree Bonner, White & Company, PSS, John Mason, Crown Relocations, and Grist booked over the next three weeks to come and give me their quotes. Will report back here what they say and what I think.

Gina

P.S. Simon, switch you PMs on in your profile. I was going to send you a PM, but you haven't got them enabled.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:42 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

i'vemoved this to the Aus forum, you'll reach a wider audience here too
have a search about in here, there are lots of threads on shipping agents
good luck
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 2oddballs
what part of the uk do you live?
We live in Southamnpton
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Southamnpton
I'd recommend Doree Bonners. Great price and negotiate the insurance down.

Also great service which is what really matters
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi,

I've got Doree Bonner, White & Company, PSS, John Mason, Crown Relocations, and Grist booked over the next three weeks to come and give me their quotes. Will report back here what they say and what I think.

Gina

P.S. Simon, switch you PMs on in your profile. I was going to send you a PM, but you haven't got them enabled.
It seems there are some familiar names that are beginning to crop up, we have a couple in mind. I note that Whites are not a member of FIDI which i am led to believe is very important to have and BAR less important as this only applies to UK/ Europe

Simon
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:40 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Simon,

the removal companies do read and write on here as well. Hence I suggested you turn on your PMs - I can then tell you a bit more ...

Gina
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Simon,

the removal companies do read and write on here as well. Hence I suggested you turn on your PMs - I can then tell you a bit more ...

Gina
Thanks for the advice, took me a while to figure out what PM's were, now done i hope,

Simon
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the advice, took me a while to figure out what PM's were, now done i hope,

Simon
We used Copsey in the UK, they coulod not have been better, but over here our stuff is being dealt with by OSS in Brisbane and they are as unhelpful as they can possibly be, our stuff arrived in Brisbane on 2nd March and we still do not have a date.
K