Reload this Page >

Shipping Company advice

Shipping Company advice

Old May 6th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Shipping Company advice

Hi everyone

Just had 3 quotes from shipping companies:- White & Company, Anglo Pacific and Excess International Movers.

Not much difference price wise so was hoping to here from peoples experiences, good and bad.

Thanks
Jill
Old May 7th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Company advice

Originally Posted by BrynJill
Hi everyone

Just had 3 quotes from shipping companies:- White & Company, Anglo Pacific and Excess International Movers.

Not much difference price wise so was hoping to here from peoples experiences, good and bad.

Thanks
Jill
Hi

Really would appreciate anyones opinion on these companies please.

Thanks Jill
Old May 7th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

We went with excess and only one thing was broken which was a ceramic pot, the service we had was great.

And we had 7 quotes from various companies.
Old May 7th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jill

Sorry I can't help with any personal experiences as we are same as you, just about to book removals after getting some quotes.

If you do a search on here, there are masses of threads about removals, try putting in the company names, or "shipping companies" or "removals" you'll find more stuff to read than you've got time for!

However, what I did find, doing this myself is that every major company has some glowing reports and some some not so glowing reports, so I guess you have to weigh up all the various comments and your own gut feelings with the different companies who visited you.

Good luck

Sam
Old May 7th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

We used White & Co and they were fantastic UK end and here, nothing broke, great sense of humour considering the stairs at both ends and they gave us plenty of free storage 2 months before we left. hope that helps
Old May 7th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BrynJill
Hi everyone

Thanks
Jill
do you mind me asking how much they quoted you for????

Thanks

Deb
Old May 7th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Hi all,

I was looking at the website on excess baggage.com which I think is international removals company and they talked about liftvan packing

"Liftvan Packing of shipments - large, purpose built, sealed wooden removal containers. Four liftvans can be stored in a 20ft steel shipping container, thus totally eliminating individual handling of your belongings between your UK residence and your residence in Australia... Highly recommended!!!"

Has anybody moved this way. It sounds a good idea.

anyone with experience?
Old May 7th 2008, 7:15 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I have been recommended PSS International by a few people who have used them. I know its not on your list but thought i'd mention it.
We have been quoted £3565 for a sole use 20ft container. Taking everything from a 4 bed house with 3 kids!!! Only stuff were not taking is gardening & other ourdoor stuff.
Estimated time to arrive in Oz 5-7 weeks
Old May 7th 2008, 8:27 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Hi all,

I was looking at the website on excess baggage.com which I think is international removals company and they talked about liftvan packing

"Liftvan Packing of shipments - large, purpose built, sealed wooden removal containers. Four liftvans can be stored in a 20ft steel shipping container, thus totally eliminating individual handling of your belongings between your UK residence and your residence in Australia... Highly recommended!!!"

Has anybody moved this way. It sounds a good idea.

anyone with experience?
The US military insist that all their peoples goods go in lift vans, they are tamper proof,,you can get 5 in a twenty foot container, they hold 6 cu m3.........mm