Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping companies (which one did you go with)

Shipping companies (which one did you go with)

Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping companies (which one did you go with)

I've engaged John Mason and they have been excellent so far, packed all my stuff up nicely and put it into UK storage prior to move.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Hey there

Having now sold our house we are turning our attention to getting quotes for the shipping of our furniture. We will need to store it for about 3 months (and will do this uk side until we have the visa's - wouldn't do to not get the visa and have our furniture 12,000 miles away :scared: )

Who did people go with (we live in Waterlooville, near portsmouth, so any local ones would be good to hear about) and were they happy.

Any opinions gratefully received.

Sarah

Where do you find the adverts for these companies?

I looked on googel and yahoo and had Anglo Pacific, Shipit, and Excess International so far with a few others to come.

I haven't got any quotes yet though.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

pennycat will become famous soon enough

I have Robinsons & Pickfords coming this Friday, and Excess International & PSS next Tuesday. Seems all are suggesting they are very busy. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that removalists are busy? Does anyone have any experience of costs differnces from busy times (which seem to be summer) to non busy times (winter I suppose)?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

I have PSS coming next Tuesday, also Excess International. My husband has taken Friday off work this week as we are seeing our 1st two Pickfords & Robinsons. If I am honest I am not looking forward to meeting these reps on my own next week, so deliberately chose the friendliest phone manners for mine which were PSS & Excess. I will let you know what I think when all are done.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Hey there

Having now sold our house we are turning our attention to getting quotes for the shipping of our furniture. We will need to store it for about 3 months (and will do this uk side until we have the visa's - wouldn't do to not get the visa and have our furniture 12,000 miles away :scared: )

Who did people go with (we live in Waterlooville, near portsmouth, so any local ones would be good to hear about) and were they happy.

Sarah
We are getting our stuff shipped out 2morrow by copsey. Excellent service so far, they have been very very helpful, and are storing our goods for free until we get it shipped over Oct/Nov time. I rate them very highly. I know that they work all over so will probably cover portsmouth.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Hey there

Sarah
We used Anglo Pacific. They get bad press on here, but we didn't have a problem with them at all and found their service very good and not very pricey. Everything turned up pretty much on time with nothing broken or damaged (including expensive cocktail glassware). But then we did self pack and didn't ship a big crate.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

kevingallen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu.E
We used Anglo Pacific. They get bad press on here, but we didn't have a problem with them at all and found their service very good and not very pricey. Everything turned up pretty much on time with nothing broken or damaged (including expensive cocktail glassware). But then we did self pack and didn't ship a big crate.

Bump!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Anglo Pacific were one of the companies that would not come out to us. They asked me do we have a whole container? I said thats what I want you to come and tell me! They said if one of the others tell us we have a whole container to call them and they would come around. I am glad they were good for you, but they are no longer on our short list.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
We are getting our stuff shipped out 2morrow by copsey. Excellent service so far, they have been very very helpful, and are storing our goods for free until we get it shipped over Oct/Nov time. I rate them very highly. I know that they work all over so will probably cover portsmouth.
Have you got details on them.

Thanks

Sarah
Old Aug 20th 2005, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

We used PSS and they were BRILLIANT. I would highly recommend them to anyone. The men who came to pack our worldly goods were fantastic and we used them out to Oz and back again (long story!) Our case even involved a little storage time. I dealt with a lovely lady called Sue who kept me up to date with everything and my last words to her were "I will be back to speak to you next year when we go again!!!". Good luck whoever you choose Funkybuddah! Trev.