Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping companies and costs

Wikiposts

Shipping companies and costs

Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:45 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping companies and costs

Hi Bishop, Who or which company are PSS, sorry ive never heard of them but since we are getting quotes from everywhere at the minute another wouldnt hurt if the have an office in West Yorkshire. Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice

Hi, we've just got a quote from Overs (Hampshire to Sydney) - but only for a part shipment.

290 cu ft - £1,250

I think this is a reasonable price (going by some of the other quotes), but I think we have way over-estimated the volume of stuff we are looking to take with us (its mainly personal possessions - i.e. next to no furniture).
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Timandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really nice

Hi fellow shippers

I'm in the process of looking for quotes and would like to know what AQUIS means...as you all seem to be mentioning it.

cheers

jayne
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

I had Anglo pacific round last week. We aren't moving till next May however I want to know exactly who we are using well before then and contacted various companies, of which John Mason attempted to quote from a brief emails I'd sent adn didn't reply to my email re calling me (although they had said to eamil them). Wouldn't send anyone round so soon. Doree Boner are jsut near us and were freindly and said to call her re a survey in a few months. Fair enough. Anglo booked a survey in for the following week, very efficient, the survey man was excellent and the emialed the quote exactly when they said they would. That goes a long way with me! the quote was:

Not exceeding 380 cubic feet - shared (groupage) container service - £2,097.00

I also need to airfreight my massage table and chair for work - will take 10days. they quoted:

£247.50 minimum charge - up to 25kgs
£8.30 per kg over 25kgs and up to 50kgs
£6.65 per kg over 50kgs and up to 100kgs
£5.35 per kg over 100kgs

Will compare to other quotes as I get them!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Timandjayne
Hi fellow shippers

I'm in the process of looking for quotes and would like to know what AQUIS means...as you all seem to be mentioning it.

cheers

jayne
AQUIS are the fees that Australian customs impose for inspecting and clearing your shipment. Hope this helps
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Kangy-roo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrisbaneBound2008
I had Anglo pacific round last week. We aren't moving till next May however I want to know exactly who we are using well before then and contacted various companies, of which John Mason attempted to quote from a brief emails I'd sent adn didn't reply to my email re calling me (although they had said to eamil them). Wouldn't send anyone round so soon. Doree Boner are jsut near us and were freindly and said to call her re a survey in a few months. Fair enough. Anglo booked a survey in for the following week, very efficient, the survey man was excellent and the emialed the quote exactly when they said they would. That goes a long way with me! the quote was:

Not exceeding 380 cubic feet - shared (groupage) container service - £2,097.00

I also need to airfreight my massage table and chair for work - will take 10days. they quoted:

£247.50 minimum charge - up to 25kgs
£8.30 per kg over 25kgs and up to 50kgs
£6.65 per kg over 50kgs and up to 100kgs
£5.35 per kg over 100kgs

Will compare to other quotes as I get them!
Hi, We also got quotes from Allied, John Masons and also Pickfords. I am surprised at your dealings with John Masons, as we have chosen them because they have been so professional, helpful and also produced the best quote of £3467 for 20ft container. Although to be honest there wasn't much between any of the quotes. Pickfords lost out because I tried to make changes on my quote and it took 3 persistant phone calls to get any information back. Allied were the most expensive and didn't seem to offer anything above the others. All three Shipping companies had been recommended by friends that have already moved out to Perth and used them.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Chililabombwe
Hi there,

I've had quotes from Removal group, Crown and Anglo Pacific. All roughly round £4,500 door to door srvice for 4 bed house. Removal Group and Crown never came round to check the contents, Anglo pacific came today and essitimated we may need more than a 20' container. Based on the good sales pitch I will probably go with Anglo.

He said if we collapsed the kids beds, wardropes and drawers we may just fit them in a 20'. He quoted last year Feb 06 @ £4,200 and said the price will come down this time around so I am expecting around £3.9 - £4K. Anglo Pacific seemed to be the most helpful and offered loads of advice on sterilization etc etc. He said he knew of one guy who got charged AUD$200 to sterilize a pair of trainers.

I can recommmend Robinsons who have been fantastic so far very helpful and their quote although not the cheapest, they came before the quote and talked me through the process and their reps the other side have a great reputation as being Oz no.1 I asked on Britvics and a couple of people had used the local representaives in Melbourne and no one had a bad word to say so hopefully Robinsons will not let us down.

Cheryl
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:48 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timandjayne
Hi fellow shippers

cheers

jayne
It pays to read this site could save you money.......
http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis
............mm

Last edited by mr mover; Feb 26th 2008 at 8:49 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:31 pm
Banned

andrew4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
Hi Bishop, Who or which company are PSS, sorry ive never heard of them but since we are getting quotes from everywhere at the minute another wouldnt hurt if the have an office in West Yorkshire. Cheers
Think Doree Bonner well worth a try http://www.doreebonner.co.uk. They always seem to get good reviews
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:03 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrew4
Think Doree Bonner well worth a try http://www.doreebonner.co.uk. They always seem to get good reviews
i used 2 companies one was removal group they were shocking!!!!!
then we had to get stuff they left shipped out plus the buyers didnt want to purchase amer.can fridge and range oven etc so we decided ship the lot out whats left anyway we used doree bonner for the second lot and wished we used them for the first as well. avoid removal group at all costs there disgraceful, pm me for more details but doree bonner what a difference
lesley