Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping companies Aaarggggghhhhhhh

Shipping companies Aaarggggghhhhhhh

Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:14 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping companies Aaarggggghhhhhhh

Had Doree Bonner in Edinburgh out a month ago for a quote after never receiving it phoned to chase it up to be told they would call me back which off course they never did. Decided to give them another chance and called again after 48 hours to be told the quote must have been lost in the post..............:curse:

Told them mmmmmmmm woteva. Then got told our file was lost which was why we never received a follow up phone call............

No real apology just insinuations that I was lying that I had been told it was lost in the post ..........However I had been told on the phone the original quote that went out in the post had been 3970 and they would now let me have it for 3800.

Would I trust them with my belongings Urmmmm NO there are plenty more companies out there.

I know some people have found them OK but also note the other posts who have had no end of problems with them!

Just thought I would share my experience with you as the last thing any of us needs is a company who doesn't accept responsibility when they make a mistake. If theyre customer services is like this before they have my stuff I can imagine what it would be like if anything went wrong after they had it.

Axx
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:05 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping companies Aaarggggghhhhhhh

I guess it just goes to prove that you need to look at the bigger picture though Andrea, and that all companies are going to have good and bad stories written about them. We have had fantastic service from them, to the point when I was calling with so many questions that they offered to send someone round to the house the folowing week to go through it all in person.

Here's hoping our good service from them continues as they've got all my furniture now and a fiar bit of my money too .

Who have you decided to go with then?

Gill
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:04 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I think if they have problems at that stage you wouldn't trust them would you!

I applied for a quote twice on the Allied Pickfords website and didn't get a response so didn't bother chasing when there is so much compettion companies need to get it right from day 1.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:59 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
I think if they have problems at that stage you wouldn't trust them would you!

I applied for a quote twice on the Allied Pickfords website and didn't get a response so didn't bother chasing when there is so much compettion companies need to get it right from day 1.
yes gota agree if they can't give good service at this stage I would be stupid to go with them. Had read bad reports of them on here before and also bad reports from grace at the other end.

If your gonna pay all that money out for a service you need them to be reliable! tho £3800 seemed not a bad price you have to wonder why

Axx
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by herrchook
I guess it just goes to prove that you need to look at the bigger picture though Andrea, and that all companies are going to have good and bad stories written about them. We have had fantastic service from them, to the point when I was calling with so many questions that they offered to send someone round to the house the folowing week to go through it all in person.

Here's hoping our good service from them continues as they've got all my furniture now and a fiar bit of my money too .

Who have you decided to go with then?

Gill
Hope your stuff arrives safely hun if they can remember that they have your stuff that is! as when I phoned the first time they couldn't remember having been round to give me a quote hope your all well and had a great hol!

axx
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, sorry to hear about your problems as times are stressing enough without any extra on top.
We have had two quotes and we are going to use Crown. I have had a look at their brochure and they have an office in Glagow and Montrose, so I don't know if they are any good to you (distance wise) but I am sure that it is worth a call.
They were very professional and even though they were a couple of hundred pounds dearer than their competitors, we managed to get the price reduced to less than the original, cheaper quote.
When their agent came to see us and do a costing, he also left us a huge brochure full of useful information.
Their web site is www.crownrelo.com

Good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi there, sorry to hear about your problems as times are stressing enough without any extra on top.
We have had two quotes and we are going to use Crown. I have had a look at their brochure and they have an office in Glagow and Montrose, so I don't know if they are any good to you (distance wise) but I am sure that it is worth a call.
They were very professional and even though they were a couple of hundred pounds dearer than their competitors, we managed to get the price reduced to less than the original, cheaper quote.
When their agent came to see us and do a costing, he also left us a huge brochure full of useful information.
Their web site is www.crownrelo.com

Good luck.
Thank you have had crown round they were a bit more expensive but then i expect with most things in life you get what you pay for. Cheaper doesn't always mean better.

I will try and get them to reduce there price as a few people have said a similar thing. Hope it all goes well for you.

Andreaxx
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by acbh2
Thank you have had crown round they were a bit more expensive but then i expect with most things in life you get what you pay for. Cheaper doesn't always mean better.

I will try and get them to reduce there price as a few people have said a similar thing. Hope it all goes well for you.

Andreaxx
Thanks for you good wishes, I hope that you manage to get your shipping company sorted.