Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping car easy and cheap

shipping car easy and cheap

Old Dec 21st 2008, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough
Default shipping car easy and cheap

we had the private valuation done on our 06 nissan navara on friday.total charges from the customs import side including gst and stamp duty and all other thngs execpt roadworthy and rego/insurance and plates came to $3000.shipping cost me 1414pounds in a 40ft container with our other possesoins.i pay $250 dollars for my shipping agents to arrange all the paperworkand inspections now i just have roadworthy and rego and were good to go.not bad seeing as i stood to lose nearly 12,000pounds in the uk for it.as for paper work i did nothing so no stress or hasslesasmy agent handledthe lot for me.well worth the $250 if you think about the time i would have taken out of work to sort it
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice
Default Re: shipping car easy and cheap

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
we had the private valuation done on our 06 nissan navara on friday.total charges from the customs import side including gst and stamp duty and all other thngs execpt roadworthy and rego/insurance and plates came to $3000.shipping cost me 1414pounds in a 40ft container with our other possesoins.i pay $250 dollars for my shipping agents to arrange all the paperworkand inspections now i just have roadworthy and rego and were good to go.not bad seeing as i stood to lose nearly 12,000pounds in the uk for it.as for paper work i did nothing so no stress or hasslesasmy agent handledthe lot for me.well worth the $250 if you think about the time i would have taken out of work to sort it
Hi can you tell me who you contacted and how you went about it as we are just going to look at sending our car out to Perth we have already moved and are looking at getting my parents to send it as we are loosing to much money any info would be great thanks Kate
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jimandkate
Hi can you tell me who you contacted and how you went about it as we are just going to look at sending our car out to Perth we have already moved and are looking at getting my parents to send it as we are loosing to much money any info would be great thanks Kate
you need to contact vimports or read bigapes thread or wiki on here.all mine went to brisbane so don,t know about perth.just got my import approval shipping company shipped it out,shipping company this side pick it up from the port and have sorted everything for me
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

you need to contact vimports or read bigapes thread or wiki on here.all mine went to brisbane so don,t know about perth.just got my import approval shipping company shipped it out,shipping company this side pick it up from the port and have sorted everything for me
Hi thanks for getting back to me will get OH to have a look at it all thanks and good luck with your move Kate
Old Dec 21st 2008, 7:55 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

So it was about £3,500-£4,000 in total ? did you have to have any modifications made to the car (any changes to air-con, seat belt fixtures, etc) ?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=bigAPE;7089001]So it was about £3,500-£4,000 in total ? did you have to have any modifications made to the car (any changes to air-con, seat belt fixtures, etc) ?[/QUOTE

i,m still waiting for it,s roadworthy test but the aircon was ok apparantly.seatbelts for children are built in under the rear seats but road worthy will tell me more when it,s done.the main thing i panicked about was the import duty charges and stamp duty which was the most expensive part.i,ll let youknow the full cost to get it on the road when it,s done