Shipping Car

Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

tamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant future
Default Shipping Car

Can anyone please share experiences on shipping a car over to Australia?

I am moving to Sydney on a 457 in April and would like to ship my car. The problem is that I have only owned this vehicle since September 2008, as I had my previous car stolen in August 2008. Is there any way that I can appeal to the ruling that I must have owned my car for a minimum of 12 months and submit a UK crime reference number and police report detailing the circumstances.

Thanks.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:44 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Car

Originally Posted by tamaja
  1. Read this article
  2. Search for "import car", "importing car" or "shipping car" in the Australia section.
I have answered about five threads on this in the past week alone.

I am moving to Sydney on a 457 in April and would like to ship my car. The problem is that I have only owned this vehicle since September 2008, as I had my previous car stolen in August 2008. Is there any way that I can appeal to the ruling that I must have owned my car for a minimum of 12 months and submit a UK crime reference number and police report detailing the circumstances.
No. 12 months to the day, fully documented, in the same country your living. No excuses accepted.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:45 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Car

Thanks.

I doubt you would be able to avoid the 12 month rule - stolen or otherwise, it would likely still be considered a new car.
For the rest of the info, do a search on shipping your car (Big Ape did a detailed overview of the process and $ involved).
Personally I would be wary going through all that, expecially on a 457 - it is a temporary visa and if the job falls through, you would have 28 days to return to the UK. Trying to re-ship a car (or sell it on, being a foregin import) as well as all the other stuff like breaking rentals etc.

Good luck

steve