Shipping Agents

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

closed acc 0000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Agents

Hi,
Am currently getting quotes for shipping from Surrey to Perth have booked surveys from the following agents: Bournes, PSS and John Masons. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has had experience with these companies,Thanks .......

Last edited by closed acc 0000; Jun 22nd 2012 at 1:08 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping Agents

AngloPacific....
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:51 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by closed acc 0000
Hi,
Am currently getting quotes for shipping from Surrey to Perth have booked surveys from the following agents: Bournes, PSS and John Masons. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has had experience with these companies,Thanks .......
http://www.fnworldwide.com/
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We used John Mason and Letton Percival for insurance. No complaints.

Didn't claim from insurance though, but it was cheap enough.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:20 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

We're returning to Victoria from Surrey in late August/early September - using Anglo Pacific to ship our goodies.

Send me a PM or an email (click on my name to the left of this post) if you'd like a contact name and email address/phone number at AP.

Best regards.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Crown, and LP insurance.
PSS did online quote and Masons didn't return calls or emails..

Crown have been great so far...
Old Jun 24th 2012, 7:25 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Quotes from Britannia, Anglo Pacific and Pickfords.

Anglo Pacific won. They were the only company to mention special packaging for a painting, and eventually beat the cheapest quote. Also, their sales guy was really nice.

Insurance through LP
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

mark-in-oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Shipping agents - Bristol to Sydney

Hi Expats,

Moving back to Sydney from Bristol in August and doing some research on removalists.

Can you please let me know the good, the bad and the ugly?

PSS seems to be a common choice. AngloPacific seems to have some bad reviews. A company called 1st Move in Bristol has lots of very good reviews but not sure they are genuine. Letton Percivall for insurance seems like the go.

Has anyone else ever shipped a fairly standard car to Oz. I saw the price of second hand cars there and realised my Alfa is worth about 5,000 pounds more there.

Many thanks for your comments.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping agents - Bristol to Sydney

I don't think there is a good, bad and ugly. The removalists are pretty much the same, just go with best deal.

I don't know much aout shipping cars, but my understanding is that it is not worth it for most ordinary cars but is worth it for something a bit more special.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

when you look into these shippers and get quotes do they come from anywhere or are you best to get one that may have a depot near by,down the line i will be looking for someone and like everyone i will want a good company to do this but also the best price,is there a list of company's someone can list,is there a way of searching if any of these have a depot near by.
Do they normally only pack your stuff up from one location or can they take your stuff from another location as i might have stuff in another loction ie in storeage i i would need to take.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:33 am
Just Joined

mark-in-oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice. I think you can also have the best removalists and some bad luck which leads to broken things. Hope you enjoying the northern beaches - very nice part of the world.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark-in-oz
Hi Expats,

Moving back to Sydney from Bristol in August and doing some research on removalists.

Can you please let me know the good, the bad and the ugly?

PSS seems to be a common choice. AngloPacific seems to have some bad reviews. A company called 1st Move in Bristol has lots of very good reviews but not sure they are genuine. Letton Percivall for insurance seems like the go.

Has anyone else ever shipped a fairly standard car to Oz. I saw the price of second hand cars there and realised my Alfa is worth about 5,000 pounds more there.

Many thanks for your comments.
If you do a search ofn the forum for importing cars you'll find a lot of info about the necessary modifications, import paperwork etc. Generally considered a lot of hassle and not worth it, but have a read for yourself.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Thumbs up Re: Shipping Agents

Hi All,

Many thanks for all the replies so far.....some new names have come out of it which we will investigate, not least the insurance co LP - thought we had to go with the shipping co's insurance quote so thats helpful!
Have had 1 quote from Bournes - more expensive than the surveyors have initially told us by about 2k!..... almost £6000 for a full 20ft container, at that rate we'll be leaving everything behind! Have PSS and John Masons coming this week...will let you know!
As for the car - we have BMW and Volvo which apparently are classed as 'luxury' cars in Aus and we've heard that as well as shipping costs we may have to pay import taxes on them which will probably make it too costly to ship them - if you know otherwise let us know.
Thanks again for all responses...........
Jules
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Hi All,

Many thanks for all the replies so far.....some new names have come out of it which we will investigate, not least the insurance co LP - thought we had to go with the shipping co's insurance quote so thats helpful!
Have had 1 quote from Bournes - more expensive than the surveyors have initially told us by about 2k!..... almost £6000 for a full 20ft container, at that rate we'll be leaving everything behind! Have PSS and John Masons coming this week...will let you know!
As for the car - we have BMW and Volvo which apparently are classed as 'luxury' cars in Aus and we've heard that as well as shipping costs we may have to pay import taxes on them which will probably make it too costly to ship them - if you know otherwise let us know.
Thanks again for all responses...........
Jules
£6000 for a 20ft container surely they are the ones trying there luck,i thought it was near half this as i will be planning shipping my stuff ovet but not at six grand
Old Jun 26th 2012, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

In reply to Brian W.......We chose 6 shippers with good accreditation and then reduced this to 3 by reading their websites, looking at their locality and reading reviews.....they are coming to survey in the order that they are named my original post. We had already been given a ball park figure of £3.5-4k for sole use 20ft container which I believe holds around 1050 cu ft so we are expecting quotes around that figure. The first quote has come in at just over £5,800 for 892 cu ft with full packing and unpacking service - under a full container, but will require sole use.....got the other two surveys this week......watch this space!.....we may, if we go, be going with just our suitcases! I have read in expats that once the quotes are in you can sometimes negotiate a better price!
Jules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.