Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping 4 Boxes to Oz

Shipping 4 Boxes to Oz

Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Shipping 4 Boxes to Oz

Hi Guys

Anyone got any recommendations on shipping 4 boxes over? will be mainly clothes, CDs.

I've done a search on some other threads and have already looked at Seven Seas and there online quote was £785 for air service.

Excess baggage was around £450 air service, but they quoted me QLD when I asked for SA

Does this sound about right? or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks
Andy
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping 4 Boxes to Oz

Originally Posted by wats123
Hi Guys

Anyone got any recommendations on shipping 4 boxes over? will be mainly clothes, CDs.

I've done a search on some other threads and have already looked at Seven Seas and there online quote was £785 for air service.

Excess baggage was around £450 air service, but they quoted me QLD when I asked for SA

Does this sound about right? or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks
Andy
We used seven seas, the service was excellent all the way. Don't know about the price for airservice though as ours came by boat.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

koalatea is on a distinguished road

We shipped out six "tea chests" - big boxes - through PSS by sea and it cost about 270 quid including insurance. Took about two to three weeks longer to arrive than projected then we had to pester their handlers at this end to make sure they processed the boxes at this end. Don't think any of the delays were PSS's fault, although they could be slow at getting back to our emails.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice

Try www.freedomshipping.com. I'm using them to ship over 5 T-cartons by sea and it's going to cost around £240 in total including quarantine inspection charge. They worked out much cheaper than excess baggage.

Last edited by MattW82; Sep 30th 2008 at 8:12 am.