Shipping?

Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Default Shipping?

Hi all,

I have had shipping prices from various companies & found John Masons & Crown to be very good but which should we choose. The prices are around the same price

They both seem to be good in their own ways and we can't decide which to use, so if anyone can give me their opinions that would be great.

Thanx, Sarah.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:39 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping?

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi all,

I have had shipping prices from various companies & found John Masons & Crown to be very good but which should we choose. The prices are around the same price

They both seem to be good in their own ways and we can't decide which to use, so if anyone can give me their opinions that would be great.

Thanx, Sarah.
Sarah, if you search this forum you will find lots of interesting discussions on shipping in the past
Up at the top right of the screen, click on search and type 'shipping companies'.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

AmandaJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi all,

Thanx, Sarah.
Hi Sarah

We used Crown, our stuff was packed for storage back in October and we will be shipping out to Melbourne next week. The consultant was excellent and gave lots of useful advice.

The packing guys were also brilliant and made the whole experience very stress free. Obviously, can't comment on the final delivery, but so far so good.

Amanda
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

We used John Masons and we had no problems at all with them. Everything arrived here in almost perfect condition. The only thing that didnt make it was the glass in a picture that we shipped over, so I think thats not too bad at all.

The woman who we dealt with ( think her name was Val) was really lovely! Everything arrived when they promised with no hold ups at all!!

Good luck with your shipping,

Hels
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:20 am
Just Joined

theresaconnor is an unknown quantity at this point

We also used John Masons to ship all of our household goods to NZ. We found them absolutely superb. Not one thing broken in a 20' container.

Our co-ordinator was also Val - very efficient and returns your calls quickly, which is what you need when you are stressed !!

I hope this helps!

Theresa
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi Hels,
i have just had a quote over the phone from John Mason, will be shipping over about 24 chests-no furniture really just clothes, kitchen stuff, books etc. I have been told it could take between 8-12 weeks for the stuff to arrive in sydney. What happens if your things arrive b4 you do. i ask because we are travelling down the east coast b4 getting to sydney. could it be stored at the sydney end till we get there. cheers
P.S I will call back John masons and ask this, just wanted to know what happened with your stuff, did u get there b4 your stuff?

Originally Posted by Hels
We used John Masons and we had no problems at all with them. Everything arrived here in almost perfect condition. The only thing that didnt make it was the glass in a picture that we shipped over, so I think thats not too bad at all.

The woman who we dealt with ( think her name was Val) was really lovely! Everything arrived when they promised with no hold ups at all!!

Good luck with your shipping,

Hels
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi Hels,
i have just had a quote over the phone from John Mason, will be shipping over about 24 chests-no furniture really just clothes, kitchen stuff, books etc. I have been told it could take between 8-12 weeks for the stuff to arrive in sydney. What happens if your things arrive b4 you do. i ask because we are travelling down the east coast b4 getting to sydney. could it be stored at the sydney end till we get there. cheers
P.S I will call back John masons and ask this, just wanted to know what happened with your stuff, did u get there b4 your stuff?

Hi Threlly,

We actually got here before our stuff. By about 4 weeks. Not sure what they do, probably charge you storage, I would have thought. Once it arrives, it wont be cleared for a couple of weeks, often 3 weeks. So you should be ok I would have thought.

I would definatly call Masons and let them know your plans. The more they know, the more they will be able to help and hopefully the smoother things will run for you.

Good luck!!!

Hels
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Pomdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't use White & company, Bournemouth !!!! :scared:

They were terrible !

Pomdownunder