Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers what do they pack first?

Shippers what do they pack first?

Old Jan 6th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Shippers what do they pack first?

Shippers come on Thursday and i was wondering in what order of goods do they pack first so I can get my head round everything.

I'm still not ready but getting there... we seem to be taking an awful lot of stuff that I am trying to reduce.

Had an open house today which went ok but no one took the sofas - why is it so bloody hard to get rid of sofas?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shippers what do they pack first?

Hi there
Not sure what the shippers pack first but was wondering what an open house is???
Do you mean that people can come off the street and take stuff for free. Thats cool
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

yes i had a list of free stuf and a list of stuff for sale - surprise surprise they mostly took the free stuff!

Still cant GIVE sofas away though grrr
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi there
When our shippers came one of the guys started upstairs and one down - they just grabbed and packed in no particular order. The guy in the kitchen packed a tupperware with the remanants of a half eaten salad that I'd brought home from work that morning and my toaster that had a piece of burnt toast still in it It all made it safely to Oz - no customs men in sight.

I think you can safely say that they pack sooooo quick - if it aint nailed down its gone. Hang on to your passports and all your important papers!

Lindsey
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yay sofas are going tomorrow -

I thought they would pack and load the big stuff first such as sofas, washing machine etc... perhaps not!

I guess i m not going to have chance to say 'dont pack that! ... I'd best be proper sorted by the sounds of it

thanks for your reply!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:20 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homewardbound

I thought they would pack and load the big stuff first such as sofas, washing machine etc... perhaps not!

I guess i m not going to have chance to say 'dont pack that! ... I'd best be proper sorted by the sounds of it

thanks for your reply!
I just told them which room was ready to pack and went from there - they are very fast though so I dont think it really makes much difference. The Sofa was the last thing they packed because we told them we needed something to sit on
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

chrisk8 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your reply!
lol

It would really depend on how much you've got going and how many men you get turn up - usually you'll get a minimum of 2 packers - they'll usually start by clearing one room downstairs so as to use it as a temp store area - then one will invariably start in the kitchen packing breakables and one will start upstairs or in the garage. In all honesty there is no given order but whatever order they stick to - there is one thing guarranteed the kettle will be packed last!!!!!

Good Luck with the move

Chris
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I think they will have to physically move the sofas, washing machine and tumble dryer out of the house first as they wont beable to move around the rest of the house without doing so.

Am finishing clothes and bedrooms today oh what fun! NOT:curse:
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We had one day when the guys turned up and everything because a brown shiny shape or a white box and the second day the container turned up and said shiny brown shapes and white boxes disappeared inside. No idea what went first.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:17 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I like to knock, over the kitchen first takes a couple of hours, Renae works the bedrooms [Knickers etc] they like the female touch.
We then do the kids room,s ,study etc, lounge, family room...then the out side.......sheds etc..........then list label........so loaders are ready to go........easy......mm
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

With regard to clothes - at the moment i am sorting through them all and making a pile of clothes to go in the shipment and then clothes that are going straight into suitcases to come with me... Are they ok just folded up in piles?

I plan on making a load of signs 'DO NOT PACK' in red! as there is quite a bit of stuff not to take!

Anyway must get on!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

With regard to clothes - at the moment i am sorting through them all and making a pile of clothes to go in the shipment and then clothes that are going straight into suitcases to come with me... Are they ok just folded up in piles?

I plan on making a load of signs 'DO NOT PACK' in red! as there is quite a bit of stuff not to take!

Anyway must get on!
All our clothes that weren't going in suitcases was just left as normal in the wardrobes and drawers. The only thing we did was clear our conservatory of everything and then pile in everything we didn't want going in the container and told them to leave the room alone.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:44 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Ok, just got back from shopping and had my much needed cuppa!

Tell the packers to save some room 'cos I've just got loads of new bedding and towels for you all. Just waiting to see if I can get the bedspread the gal wanted, and then I'll bring it all own Thursday/Friday along with other stuff you have left here that needs to go in the shipping stuff pile!!!

Blossom, also known as Mum
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks MUM

William wants his fishing rod too!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:17 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks MUM

William wants his fishing rod too!
What would we do without our mums they are worth their weight in gold.
Love Sam x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.