Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Shippers have arrived !!!

The Shippers have arrived !!!

Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:31 am
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future
Default The Shippers have arrived !!!

HIya

I am writing this from inide a cardboard box !! well thats how it feels ...

Pickfords arrived this morning at 9am 3 lovely young men...

Everything seemed to be going ok until they told me that the conatiner was not to be packed here but at the depot when I have it in writing it will come here. We were told hubby could take all the pc's down Thursday morning and they would take them Thursday afternoon, but now they want them all down and ready to be packed tomorrow... Hubby has now told work his last day is today not tomorrow as he had planned it. They also now inform me that a 20ft container isn't big enough and we will have to make choices over what we do and don't want to take.

I don't have a problem with the guys it seems the office don't seem to commicate with them properly.

Just what we need at the moment... Can my day get any better....

Vickeyvixen
Old Jul 27th 2004, 11:13 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Shippers have arrived !!!

Originally posted by vickeyvixen
HIya

I am writing this from inide a cardboard box !! well thats how it feels ...

Pickfords arrived this morning at 9am 3 lovely young men...

Everything seemed to be going ok until they told me that the conatiner was not to be packed here but at the depot when I have it in writing it will come here. We were told hubby could take all the pc's down Thursday morning and they would take them Thursday afternoon, but now they want them all down and ready to be packed tomorrow... Hubby has now told work his last day is today not tomorrow as he had planned it. They also now inform me that a 20ft container isn't big enough and we will have to make choices over what we do and don't want to take.

I don't have a problem with the guys it seems the office don't seem to commicate with them properly.

Just what we need at the moment... Can my day get any better....

Vickeyvixen
You have signed a CONTRACT, for an agreed volume, WHICH THEY HAVE ESTIMATED, if they cannot fit it in , the excess should be carried at, THEIR COST.................... mm
Old Jul 27th 2004, 11:20 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Oh dear - you poor thing!! Keep your chin up and it will all work itself out... Get in touch with the guy who did your estimate and get him to sort it out!!!

We have just signed with Pickfords so are now going to look very carefully at what they have quoted us for...