Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers coming in Monday

Shippers coming in Monday

Old May 18th 2004, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shippers coming in Monday

Just had Allied Pickfords round,quoted me £1050 plus insurance,got them down to £920 including insurance,coming next Monday,it seemed a bit dear to me ,but as we move out next Friday didnt have much time to shop around.Told me 9-14 weeks to get there.They do all the packing,deliver it to my Uncles house,outside Melbourne, and unpack it all.Does that sound a reasonable price ,for part of a container.Cheers.
Old May 18th 2004, 5:22 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shippers coming in Monday

Originally posted by thfc
Just had Allied Pickfords round,quoted me £1050 plus insurance,got them down to £920 including insurance,coming next Monday,it seemed a bit dear to me ,but as we move out next Friday didnt have much time to shop around.Told me 9-14 weeks to get there.They do all the packing,deliver it to my Uncles house,outside Melbourne, and unpack it all.Does that sound a reasonable price ,for part of a container.Cheers.

Sounds reasonable to me.
So another one for the next Melbourne Ex Pats meeting, cool.
Old May 18th 2004, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bordy
Sounds reasonable to me.
So another one for the next Melbourne Ex Pats meeting, cool.
You can put me down for that,i will be living at Langwarrin 3190.Do you know when the next meet is yet.Cheers
Old May 18th 2004, 6:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by thfc
You can put me down for that,i will be living at Langwarrin 3190.Do you know when the next meet is yet.Cheers
Nothing arranged yet, maybe around August & possibly an Ex Pats Xmas night out after that if enough interest shown.
Old May 19th 2004, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi there - how big is part of a container? What sort of stuff would you manage to get in? I haven't even thought about this and don't know where to start. Reckon I might just flog everything and start again!
Old May 19th 2004, 11:19 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
possibly an Ex Pats Xmas night out after that if enough interest shown.
ME!
Old May 19th 2004, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

martywild is an unknown quantity at this point

THFC,

What kind of stuff are you shipping with Pickfords? We've got them coming round next week and it'd be good to have an idea of what kind of quote to expect.

Yours seems cheaper than I had been led to expect!

Old May 19th 2004, 4:48 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

We are paying £1700 for 350 cubic feet with Pickfords, from Scotland to Rockhampton
Old May 19th 2004, 6:18 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a quote from Pickfords 3,200 for a reefer container holding 900 cubic feet delivery 6 ish weeks.

Also had quote today from Brittania same container 3,100. Woman from Brittania said pickfords sub contract in aus.

Anyone had any experience of this as we were under the impression Pickfords had their own company in Perth?

Martin
Old May 19th 2004, 7:14 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MSB
We had a quote from Pickfords 3,200 for a reefer container holding 900 cubic feet delivery 6 ish weeks.

Also had quote today from Brittania same container 3,100. Woman from Brittania said pickfords sub contract in aus.

Anyone had any experience of this as we were under the impression Pickfords had their own company in Perth?

Martin
Hiya Martin

Pickfords have a "sister" company in Oz