Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sheffield - sat 23rd Sept, 8pm

Sheffield - sat 23rd Sept, 8pm

Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield - sat 23rd Sept, 8pm

Originally Posted by possoms
its on west street. the area has all been done up very trendy now, mega priced apartments and the like.

The hot wokky wok mania is an all you can eat place tis ok

Thank you....I'd heard about all the new apartments springing up all over the city. I hope to visit on my next trip to the UK 'coz I've still got rellies there...don't know when that will be though.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 7:52 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys, sorry not been on for a while, its been hectic here. The packers got here at 7:30 this morning.
Will have no computer for a few days but will let you know about the 23rd next week { going to use Martins friends }, we really do want to come, it just depends when Martin finishes work. Sophie and Katie are going to Ireland to see the mother in law next Tuesday, we are going as soon as we can after so cant give a definite yes to the meet.I hope this makes sense, my mind is all over the place but I wanted to let you know.
Anyway, bye for now and hope to see you soon, Angie and Martin
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:19 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by connollys.home
Hi guys, sorry not been on for a while, its been hectic here. The packers got here at 7:30 this morning.
Will have no computer for a few days but will let you know about the 23rd next week { going to use Martins friends }, we really do want to come, it just depends when Martin finishes work. Sophie and Katie are going to Ireland to see the mother in law next Tuesday, we are going as soon as we can after so cant give a definite yes to the meet.I hope this makes sense, my mind is all over the place but I wanted to let you know.
Anyway, bye for now and hope to see you soon, Angie and Martin
oo Ang good luck with the packers who are you using?

really hope to see you next sat

Kay xx
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
No, 109's my IQ! But I think it's already dropped by a few more Q's since then!
pmsl thought you meant you got 109 out of say a 1000 or summat
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:26 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

oo Ang good luck with the packers who are you using?

really hope to see you next sat

Kay xx

hi we've got PSS in.....................all going well sofar
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by connollys.home
hi we've got PSS in.....................all going well sofar
great we are using them also
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:55 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Thank you....I'd heard about all the new apartments springing up all over the city. I hope to visit on my next trip to the UK 'coz I've still got rellies there...don't know when that will be though.

hiya,
if you do a google search (i cant remember where it is!!) there is a virtual tramride through sheffield ... the tram is run by stagecoach so try their website first. gives you some good views of sheffield!
the chinese place we are going to is where the old hospital site was ... if you remember there was a wooden fencing on west street, with a kinda hole where the old hospital used to be...think it got used as a carpark. well they built a whole load of apartments there and underneath is the hotwokkychoppy or whatever its called lol ... a Nandos and tesco.
the old mailcoach pub is now some trendy pub, and where the old car/van hire place used to be opposite is now a bit trendy student pub. The beehive is now a trendy bar .. and the hornblower is a tres expensive vodka bar....

West st has changed beyond all recognition ... some of it not for the best.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hiya,
if you do a google search (i cant remember where it is!!) there is a virtual tramride through sheffield ... the tram is run by stagecoach so try their website first. gives you some good views of sheffield!
the chinese place we are going to is where the old hospital site was ... if you remember there was a wooden fencing on west street, with a kinda hole where the old hospital used to be...think it got used as a carpark. well they built a whole load of apartments there and underneath is the hotwokkychoppy or whatever its called lol ... a Nandos and tesco.
the old mailcoach pub is now some trendy pub, and where the old car/van hire place used to be opposite is now a bit trendy student pub. The beehive is now a trendy bar .. and the hornblower is a tres expensive vodka bar....

West st has changed beyond all recognition ... some of it not for the best.
so you do know where we're going then?
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:15 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

so you do know where we're going then?

think so

I am thinking of the right place arent i??

any news on that house sale contract signing thingy yet???
Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:51 pm

think so

I am thinking of the right place arent i??

any news on that house sale contract signing thingy yet???
pmsl at your signature yes next door to Nando's

noooooooo crikey not even recieved the forms from the solicitor yet, these things take months not expected owt this side of xmas

have you sent that TRA off yet?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:31 pm

No.....not yet.

me and mal got rid of kids last night to grannies - teacher training day so no school, and i was on a mandatory training day - so we went to Nandos for supper ... bloody gorgeous!! we had the 'hot' strength chicken ... my mouth was numb for several hours afterwards, but worth it!!!

looking forward to saturday!

sue x
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:35 pm

No.....not yet.

me and mal got rid of kids last night to grannies - teacher training day so no school, and i was on a mandatory training day - so we went to Nandos for supper ... bloody gorgeous!! we had the 'hot' strength chicken ... my mouth was numb for several hours afterwards, but worth it!!!

sue x
Hiya just researching flights and stuff

what do you mean you went to Nando's tut tut get that bloody TRA done

I've only been to Nando's in Oz not been here, peri peri chicken v nice

yes looking forward to Saturday, may have another person joining us Tracey.d which is fab

Kay xx
Old Sep 19th 2006, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can now officially add me to the list . Have just booked a hotel and am going to have a look for a suitable train, I don't do driving in city centres I get lost and very annoyed .

May do a bit of shopping while I'm there
Old Sep 19th 2006, 3:44 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

No.....not yet.

sue x
Nando's ....yummy!! I accidentally put peri-peri on my fries last time we went there which gave me abit of a shock when I stuffed a load into my mouth!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Yes, you can now officially add me to the list . Have just booked a hotel and am going to have a look for a suitable train, I don't do driving in city centres I get lost and very annoyed .

May do a bit of shopping while I'm there
you must have read my mind Tracey, I was thinking ooo driving around looking for the hotel on a saturday afternoon is going to be a bit stressful.

yes a train to sheff city centre then get a taxi from the station.

I am off to work in 5 but will work out a time to meet you as our bus stops not far from the hotel so we can meet you there and walk up together, just need to check what time the bus gets in.

really looking forward to this folks see you soon

Kay xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.