Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sharp rise in people leaving Australia?

Sharp rise in people leaving Australia?

Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:47 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sharp rise in people leaving Australia?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The process for applying for a Spouse Visa to Aus used to take a week or less for a UK spouse. Now it takes about six months. Just saying...
Less public servants now ? Maybe.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Less public servants now ? Maybe.
I tend to think of it as allowing more of a cooling off period - issuing spouse visas on the spot is fine, but if you have a 6 month cooling off period while you wait for it to be granted it gives people more time to consider whether they actually WANT to get married and move 12,000 miles.........
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I tend to think of it as allowing more of a cooling off period - issuing spouse visas on the spot is fine, but if you have a 6 month cooling off period while you wait for it to be granted it gives people more time to consider whether they actually WANT to get married and move 12,000 miles.........
You don't have to be married to get a spousal visa.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:05 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you make a good point as usual
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You have a five year cooling off period already, not sure another six months would make much difference.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Whatever the figures are am i correct in thinking the Australian population figures have been going up and up for as long as the memory serves?
You are correct as the birth rate is higher than a lot of developed countries. Coutries like Japan and Germany will see rapid declines in population over the coming decades.
Still even during good times Australia is seeing a net loss of around 75,000 Australian born a year...compared to those returning. This will likely increase come a downturn. Although there are becoming fewer nations to move to...many having their own issues.
I would think we shall see big increases in immigrant folk from the Asian region in the coming years....the future will look rather different.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by the troubadour
You are correct as the birth rate is higher than a lot of developed countries. Coutries like Japan and Germany will see rapid declines in population over the coming decades.
Still even during good times Australia is seeing a net loss of around 75,000 Australian born a year...compared to those returning. This will likely increase come a downturn. Although there are becoming fewer nations to move to...many having their own issues.
I would think we shall see big increases in immigrant folk from the Asian region in the coming years....the future will look rather different.
I have noticed a very different 'look' to Australia in the last 20 or so years, when we first arrived in Australia back in the early 60's it would be rare indeed to see an Asian face whereas now especially if you go to certain areas it is rare to see a caucasian face. I think it enrichens a society but unfortunately not everyone shares that view.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:40 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Hehe, that's what I was going to say (on behalf of my brother of course).

During a cyclone warning in small WA mining town recently, my brother had moved to a local mine site with is wife as it was the safest place in town, during the move, he took his wife in their grader down to the river to see it running. A female British "safety expert" from the mine came up to him and started swearing and carrying on at him for endangering his and his wife's life. This is a couple that between then have over 100 years experience in the area and within their family, 100's of years. He's probably seen more cyclones in the region than she has spent nights there. My brother just had a laugh and ignored her, but apparently mine management made her go and apologise for her outburst.
What is the point of this post?

One British man upset your brother, therefore it would be good if all Brits leave Aus?
I once saw a vile Aussie man upset a whole bar full of people in London. It doesn't mean I tar everyone with the same brush
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Kapri

One British man upset your brother, therefore it would be good if all Brits leave Aus?
I once saw a vile Aussie man upset a whole bar full of people in London. It doesn't mean I tar everyone with the same brush
Sometimes you need to look at the post history of an individual, not saying that is applicable in this case
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:32 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You don't have to be married to get a spousal visa.
I am aware of that - I'll rephrase it for you - it gives the mad non-Aussie 6 months to decide whether they want to move or not. I honestly think that if I had had to wait 6 months for the grant of my PMV I wouldn't have come, due to having enough time to sober up.

Then decision to grant is actually usually made as fast as it used to be but they are now only allowed to grant a certain number each month.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri

It was a woman not a man and it was intended as a joke with Amazulu....as for my brother, he wasn't actually upset - it was a story about someone who has little experience of the country they're residing in, trying to tell locals how to behave. I've not tarred everyone with the same brush either - I have a lot of friends from all nationalities, including Brits, I'm even married to one. No drama dude, take a chill pill.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Numbers? How many? Where are the stats for us? and where from? and how do they compare to previous available data
Make of these what you will.........

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...emigration.htm
http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...igration_1.htm

And others are arriving here

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/31706...m#.UHKxSK7h2c9
Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:50 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Really good links they are, it shows that no one actually has any idea how many are actually leaving, the could be leaving permanently ticked boxes have gone up, but they might not have left at all, what a silly system.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:31 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Really good links they are, it shows that no one actually has any idea how many are actually leaving, the could be leaving permanently ticked boxes have gone up, but they might not have left at all, what a silly system.
That's the point I was making - I "leave permanently" twice a year, and I bet I'm not the only one
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:32 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

That's the point I was making - I "leave permanently" twice a year, and I bet I'm not the only one

It's a crazy system for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.