Shark alert for both!

Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:50 pm
owieb

Default Shark alert for Perth!

Don't dip too many toes in the water!

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E26462,00.html

Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:56 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Shark alert for Perth!

Originally posted by owieb
Don't dip too many toes in the water!

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E26462,00.html

It's alright it's only in Perth
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:06 pm
WBB

nobody fancies a swim then.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
nobody fancies a swim then.

They're only hammerheads.

Nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:41 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Pussy cats.

I witnessed a feeding frenzy this morning on the waves. You could see the fishies thrashing on the surface and there were hundreds of gulls diving in. Just the sort of scene that attracts sharks.

Luckily for humans they just investigate us with their teeth rather than eat us.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:43 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

We don't get sharks much our way....we get stingrays. The sneaky sods will only whip you if you tread on them.....but the thing is they love lying half buried in 12 inches of water.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 12:05 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
We don't get sharks much our way....we get stingrays. The sneaky sods will only whip you if you tread on them.....but the thing is they love lying half buried in 12 inches of water.
Interesting Pete, does anyone know if rays are territorial? We have been going to a specific part of beach on South Stradbroke & have seen a huge stingray there twice now in the last month, same size etc, in exactly the same spot, same tide (half way on the runout). Its come right up to me, about 5 feet away, close enough to see its eyes. The first time it had a mate with it (slightly smaller), last time (monday) we only saw it not the second one. Seems like a huge coincidence?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Kids and i jumped in the car yesterday and headed down to sorrento , with the camera , to bloomin late they were just re opening the beach , i said to my daughter we may as well go and get swim stuff and come down the beach for an hour or so , well you should have seen the look of horror on her face , it was a picture so we didnt get to the beach yesterday sadly sharks ruiend my day
Joanne