Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shared containers

Shared containers

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Shared containers

We probably have no more than 400 cubic feet to take with us so I don't think it would be economical to have any sort of sole container.

All the threads I have read about shared containers seem to imply that they are bad news.

Has any one anything positive to say about shared containers?
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

stevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nice
Default Re: Shared containers

Originally Posted by November11
We probably have no more than 400 cubic feet to take with us so I don't think it would be economical to have any sort of sole container.

All the threads I have read about shared containers seem to imply that they are bad news.

I hope its OK, since thats what we are doing with only 370 cu ft.
I think it may be a problem if you have to wait about for the container to be filled. That why I chose PSS.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...65#post4447265
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough

There website looks good

Thanks, I will give them a ring
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by November11

Hi Nov 11
We had a shared container and used Allied Pickfords door to door + insurance approx £2,200 had to pay 250 ish dollars this end can't remember what that was for though. We had no problems what so ever using shared container and as you have said, it was more economical for us. Our packers were great over there and here also. Some people have had bad a eexperiencebut so have others having sole use. It worked for us so hopefully you won't have any problems with your chosen shippers.

Good Luck

John