Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sexing up the Uk - a whole thread dedicated to the motherland

Sexing up the Uk - a whole thread dedicated to the motherland

Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sexing up the Uk - a whole thread dedicated to the motherland

Well, strike me down with a wet kipper... this forum has opened my eyes and made me realise I'd be a nutter to leave the UK. Aus is just a stinky, hot dust ball, where no-one has any fun, except those spongers on the dole who already hold Aus citizenship. How could I leave my idyllic two-up-two-down terraced house, held igeniously together by squirty foam? How could I drag my 6 year old away from her concrete playground and SATs tests? My Saturdays would never be the same, without the Wacky Warehouse on a rainy afternoon.
What was I thinking of?
Larissa
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sexing up the Uk - a whole thread dedicated to the motherland

I read somewhere that you can get a train within 45 minutes in England. I recon they sexed that comment up too!

Last edited by pabloako; Sep 4th 2003 at 9:51 am.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:50 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pabloako
I read somewhere that you can get a train within 45 minutes in England. I recond they sexed that comment up too!
And it is possible to get from the M25 into the Ikea carpark at Croydon within 45 min on a Saturday.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:52 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

There's no vinegar in the fish and chip shops here in South Australia. Don't come!, don't come!, think of the children!. You're much better off in your winter wunderland.

Last edited by welshpom; Sep 4th 2003 at 10:19 am.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:56 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Homosexuality is compulsary.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 10:10 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Homosexuality is compulsary.
...otherwise you will be neutered.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 10:47 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Sexing up the UK? OK should be "fun" - coz this is what it's all about isn't it.....?

- NHS is GREAT. No waiting - if you can't go to your scheduled appointment then no worries...you'll get another one the next day.

- Public transport is a breeze. The cost of public transport is going down and the cost of running a car is going up

- House prices are fair for all

- Working conditions are great. I have so many holidays every year and when I want to travel around the UK then I have no problems with traffic or trains

- Service in restaurants and shops is sooooo lovely. Everyone is smiling and ready to help out. Don't have to worry about leaving a tip...they already add on the 12.5% service charge to your bill and they don't want to bother you with this trival information so they don't make it plain that they have done so. No matter if the service is crap...hell the service is NEVER crap

- Nobody litters in the UK

- People here are good and kind and always trying to better themselves and do good for their fellow man

- Everyone has a job

- Councils think things through before implementing changes

- People don't let their kids take a piss on your front gate in the morning and they never think of swearing in front of their kids

- People always give up their seats for the elderly or pregnant women on buses and tubes
Old Sep 4th 2003, 10:53 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by Vee
- Nobody litters in the UK
don't exagerate, there's a tiny little bit.

My old home of Wales has the cleanest litter in all of Europe, thanks to the rain. Makes me feel oh so proud.

- People always give up their seats for the elderly or pregnant women on buses and tubes
that reminds me, I was on the bus the other day, with an empty seat next to me, and I had my hand resting on it. This beautiful girl then gets on the bus and inadvertently sits on my hand. Well I didn't like to say anything because to be honest, I felt a bit of an arse.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshpom
There's no vinegar in the fish and chip shops here in South Australia. Don't come!, don't come!, think of the children!. You're much better off in your winter wunderland.
Which vinegar are you refering to, White ,brown, red or white wine vinegar, Balsamic vinegar..... you hav,nt been at the right fish shops ..... MM
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:12 am
Re-Member

Chris H-L is an unknown quantity at this point

that reminds me, I was on the bus the other day, with an empty seat next to me, and I had my hand resting on it. This beautiful girl then gets on the bus and inadvertently sits on my hand. Well I didn't like to say anything because to be honest, I felt a bit of an arse.
Something smilar happened to me.
I felt a right tit.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:18 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Ahh...the question that begs however....is did you leave it there?

Anyway....sexing up the UK.

-London smells wonderful on a summer morning.
-The trains always run on time.
-The roads are always quiet, and a pleasure to drive upon.
-There are no hoons, and very few roudy kids.
-The sea is crystal clear, all the way round.
-There are NO corpses in the Thames.
-The homeless people NEVER chase your sister through town.
-The fishing is free.
-It NEVER gets dark at 3.30pm
-Its possible to buy a home in the south east for under £120k.
-Bulgarian cleaning ladies NEVER steal your passport .
-ALL football is free on TV.
-We have no football holigans.
-Petrol does'nt really cost more than anywhere else.
-People never pop to france to buy booze, cos its cheap as chips here.

What about some genuine points about the UK, that i will miss (no sarcasm....). They might make a few of you think about what you will genuinly miss?

-The NHS. Its free, and does its job. As an example, my nan has had cancer, and it was removed pretty much as soon as it was discovered. Shes now on kimo (sp?), and it has not cost a penny. (i know she paid NI etc...blah blah blah, but she doen'nt have to foot a £10k bill now like she might in some other countries))
-The colour green. Most of oz is pretty much brown 8 months of the year.
-Country lanes.
-My current salary.
-My family (should be number one....)
-Pubs, and beer gardens.
-Snodonia, South Wales coast, Pennines, Scotland, Lake district.
-Access to Europe - the Alps (ohhhh the alps !)
-Late evenings in the summer.
-Frost and snow (where i live - i now you get it in oz in certain areas).
-Variety in shops.
-Old villages, with a little wonky 900 year old church in the middle.

Cheers

Pete.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:22 am
Can't re member

Originally posted by PeteY
Ahh...the question that begs however....is did you leave it there?
Tut tut Pete.

It was a pun joke.

Chris got it.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:27 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Tut tut Pete.

It was a pun joke.

Chris got it.
Hahahaha. Whoops !!

I see now

lol.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:28 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Chris H-L
Something smilar happened to me.
I felt a right tit.
Once you've felt one what's left?
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Things to miss ..

Friends - girlie nights will never be the same.

Access to some great places to shop ie Bluewater, Gunwharf Quay, London, Glasgow and a particular favourite Brighton.

The view from our house.

Watching fooite on a cold winters day with a few Buds to keep me company.

Knowing my way around ie where streets are etc.

Not really much to keep us here !!

footie chick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.