Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sexing up OZ a whole post dedicated to BS.

Wikiposts

Sexing up OZ a whole post dedicated to BS.

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:24 am
owieb

Originally posted by ace ventura
When you all decide to leave australia will be better for it
"Save us Ace!"

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:29 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

[I'm a happy expat living in W.A and all the rest of you wingeing B******S want to p*** off back to England or where ever you come from. If you don.t like it here go back from where you are from. But seeing as you left there in the first place you must not have been happy there to begin with. Or are you all just happy as long as you are moaning. Jesus christ what do you want from life. Where ever you go you are gonna have the same arguement's. Same shit different place. Are you all looking for this Utopia that doesn't exist apart from in your imagination. Name 1 country that doesn't have problems? Make the most of what you've got get on with it. Some people would kill for what you've got right now. Look at the poor bastard's in Africa. Have not got 2 coins to rub their arse with. Do you get much civil war in 'Brisvegas'? Have you starved recently in Sydney? Can you get the drugs to save your kid's life? Listen to yerselves. I can just hear your replies now. " oh , listen at Brox, been here 2 min's and thinks he know's it all". I can also hear the people you winge too as well.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:35 am
owieb

Originally posted by brox
[I'm a happy expat living in W.A and all the rest of you wingeing B******S want to p*** off back to England or where ever you come from. If you don.t like it here go back from where you are from. But seeing as you left there in the first place you must not have been happy there to begin with. Or are you all just happy as long as you are moaning. Jesus christ what do you want from life. Where ever you go you are gonna have the same arguement's. Same shit different place. Are you all looking for this Utopia that doesn't exist apart from in your imagination. Name 1 country that doesn't have problems? Make the most of what you've got get on with it. Some people would kill for what you've got right now. Look at the poor bastard's in Africa. Have not got 2 coins to rub their arse with. Do you get much civil war in 'Brisvegas'? Have you starved recently in Sydney? Can you get the drugs to save your kid's life? Listen to yerselves. I can just hear your replies now. " oh , listen at Brox, been here 2 min's and thinks he know's it all". I can also hear the people you winge too as well.
Did you leave your sense of humour in the UK?

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:38 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Encore! - couldn't agree with you more! To quote the words from a popular Extreme (90's rock group) song; "If you don't like what you see here, get the funk out" - Rock on!
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:39 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Right ok

just a taste of what it is to live here - we enjoy a banter and a bit of a piss take....but as you say ok ok we cannot do it here on this site...on this thread alone, look a few people got on one and took the piss big deal!!!!!

so we all piss off and say AUS IS BO? Yes does that suit?

sorry I am missing your point?

signing off from Mrs Happy (not going back just yet but enjoy a laugh)

regards
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:41 am
owieb

Originally posted by Houdini
Encore! - couldn't agree with you more! To quote the words from a popular Extreme (90's rock group) song; "If you don't like what you see here, get the funk out" - Rock on!
You should read the opening post from Dotty:

Originally posted by dotty
........lets have a little fun.

Last edited by owieb; Sep 3rd 2003 at 2:43 am.

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:03 am
No wuckin furries mate

Originally posted by owieb
Did you leave your sense of humour in the UK?

No. Put it down to the Bourbon and cokes!!
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Bobbi is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I think this thread is as funny as hell - we could all do something similar with the area we live in.

However, to some people who post on this forum who are at this moment going through the very stressful procedures involved in uprooting their whole life to go to Australia I can imagine that they may view this thread somewhat differently. ("Oh my god what are we doing" sort of stuff)

This doesnt apply to me by the way, we are very loosely considering a move sometime in the next few years, possibly Australia possibly somewhere else.

I guess the best thing would be to avoid the thread totally after reading the title of it, if it's likely to offend or upset :-)

Bobbi

Last edited by Bobbi; Sep 3rd 2003 at 3:24 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:27 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bobbi
Personally, I think this thread is as funny as hell - we could all do something similar with the area we live in.

However, to some people who post on this forum who are at this moment going through the very stressful procedures involved in uprooting their whole life to go to Australia I can imagine that they may view this thread somewhat differently. ("Oh my god what are we doing" sort of stuff)

This doesnt apply to me by the way, we are very loosely considering a move sometime in the next few years, possibly Australia possibly somewhere else.

I guess the best thing would be to avoid the thread totaly after reading the title of it if it's likely to offend or upset :-)

Bobbi
Brilliant - send this idea to moderator - you can add an asterisks (speeeeeling) 'this thread is likely to upset or offfend those who only want to know nice things'

Not taking the p out of your response Bobbi (which is spot on) it just struck my abnormal sense of humour.

Cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 3:29 am
No wuckin furries mate

Maybe it's me. It's late, I'm tired,Bourbon and coke and I've had a humour bypass today. Shit! I'm turning into an Aussie!! Go the Docker's! See ya I'm off to bed. I'll just have to be ready for an earbashing off Dotty. Sorry Dotty. Thought you were being serious!
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I'm coming to the land of plenty because I want my neighbours to bring a casserole round for the family, each time we're a bit off colour. If hubby can't get work, I'm sure we'll be able to survive off free barbecues (you're all so friendly) and do a spot of fishing. (Something like "The Good Life WA" - I'll make a great Felicity Kendall! Perhaps I'll move onto greater things, such as a part in Neighbours!) The kids won't need a lot of clothes as its so hot out there - so that'll save money. We're really looking forward to Aus TV as we won't be behind in the plots of the soap operas - it's really annoying when they're celebrating Christmas when it's Easter here. I'm a little bit concerned that I won't be quite as slim and beautiful as Danni, Kylie and Elle McPhearson, so don't overload my plate with burgers.

See ya soon!!!!
Larissa
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 5:55 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri

It's hard to get drugs here

What ??????????? That's it...I'm not coming. Forget about all that wonderful stuff: free this and that; cheap, big, quickly built houses for all; high wages; great weather year round.....if I can't get drugs then I ain't coming to your Micky Mouse (or should that be Skippy?) country.

I'd much rather stay here. Where else could you get:
- great drugs
- everybody is so cultured
- everyone stands in a straight orderly line when waiting for the bus
- no one picks their nose on the tube
- the TV is amazing
- everyone gets paid tons of money
- all attractions are free of tourists
- everyone understands the "Stand to the Right" and "Allow the Passengers off the train first" rule
- our government is so loyal and always tells the truth. I just love them
- everyone talks in such a refind manner
- getting someone to do work on my flat is a breeze. I think nothing of calling 6 people to give me a quote for some painting and decorating...and only 1 showing up
- I see all my friends and family so much, every day in fact, because we all live so close to each other and we don't actually have to work/look after small children/elderly family members/have our own lives

So I think I'll stay here thanks.

V
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sexing up OZ a whole post dedicated to BS.

As fans of the forum decline faster than PB's now dusty keyboard, lets have a little fun.

With more spirit than Tony Blair with a cruise missile give it your best shot.

My personal faves.

Beachfront home sunny coast $3Million, woops I mean $100,000.

Oz is cooler than the UK in summer (sure dear).

Owning a Mc Mansion will make your life complete. (Facade number three please with the fake portico and yellow trim).
after you`ve been in oz for awhile,if you return to the south east of england you`ll appreciate what a nice place it is! The white sharks in south australia wont bite if you dont bother them,they think humans are seals,they dont like the taste of humans and they are intelligent creatures that should be protected!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Duh!!!! Does a post including the words "Sexing Up' 'Fun' 'BS'
indicate that it might be for a laugh.

Some immos need a big dose of humour fluid if they are going to come out here. If ya cant hack it why not gawp in the travel agents window guaranteed to only show nice pictures.

Immigration forum is a few clicks down, none of the Expat funnymen post on there do they??

Humour my way of coping with OZ and quite popular with other Expats by the response.

Stop acting like the Queen 'We are not amused'. This is OZ if you cant take the piss you wont survive.

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Duh!!!! Does a post including the words "Sexing Up' 'Fun' 'BS'
indicate that it might be for a laugh.

Some immos need a big dose of humour fluid if they are going to come out here. If ya cant hack it why not gawp in the travel agents window guaranteed to only show nice pictures.

Immigration forum is a few clicks down, none of the Expat funnymen post on there do they??

Humour my way of coping with OZ and quite popular with other Expats by the response.

Stop acting like the Queen 'We are not amused'. This is OZ if you cant take the piss you wont survive.

Congrats where it`s due dotty this threads made me laugh more than any since baldbutts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.