Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old May 1st 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by lolylew
oh, know how you feel, crap isnt it
OH did say today he heard on TV this morning that the worst of the credit crunch is over , hope hes right

we've had 3 viewers in about the same time, feel sure if we'd put it on last year it would have sold quickly, but didnt want to risk it incase we didnt get a visa. would of hated to be homless & visaless .

going to psychic evening next week, wonder if i'll find anything out

lisa
Hi all, We are arriving on June 5th, in Secret Harbour, we have a house for 4 weeks there, Im a 28 year old, with a 24 year old wife, two kids, one girl who will be 1, and a boy who will be nearly 3
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:50 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SalSa
Forgot to ask....which builder are you using?
Hi we went with Content Living, they seemed to offer a lot of house for the money, but as you usually get what you pay for we'll see in due course if the right decision was made . Had no problems with them so far, so fingers crossed.

Good luck to all those waiting on a sale

Allan
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:27 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by allankate
Hi we went with Content Living, they seemed to offer a lot of house for the money, but as you usually get what you pay for we'll see in due course if the right decision was made . Had no problems with them so far, so fingers crossed.

Good luck to all those waiting on a sale

Allan
How long do they estimate for completing your build? My sister waited 2 years! for hers to be built, but it was up in the hills in Roleystone. Not sure if that makes a difference?
Some say it can be built in 27 weeks! Does anyone know what the norm is
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:01 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tawkins1
How long do they estimate for completing your build? My sister waited 2 years! for hers to be built, but it was up in the hills in Roleystone. Not sure if that makes a difference?
Some say it can be built in 27 weeks! Does anyone know what the norm is
They say 12 months from when you instruct them, we did that in Sept07 and we delayed the prestart a bit because they said they needed us there in person. However we got a friend to do it for us, and I think this delayed us about 2 months. They say that it should be ready Oct/Novemebr time, but of course we shall see

It seems to be about 6 months planning approval / design etc followed by 6 months to build. Our just took longer for the first part as we had a mortgage hold up (start of the credit crunch!) and also with some docs having to be sent via post it would take 2 weeks from them to us and back again. So far we've been pretty much on track

Allan
Old May 5th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

Can we get put on the list as having arrived in januaury and are staying in bertram if thats possible please.

Thanks, Lee.
Old May 5th 2008, 1:29 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

Originally Posted by lee28
Can we get put on the list as having arrived in januaury and are staying in bertram if thats possible please.

Thanks, Lee.
Hi just goto www.beupdate.co.uk/perth.php and you can add yourself

Allan
Old May 5th 2008, 3:01 pm
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Lorraine,

I have added you to the list, can we have more details please?

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
HI Sarah,

Can you add us to the list 2 please? Applied for visa in March 08, looking to be in Oz before the year is out....I'm 26, James is 27, job info is in my signature. Ta
Old May 5th 2008, 9:23 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

Originally Posted by mand-jim
HI Sarah,

Can you add us to the list 2 please? Applied for visa in March 08, looking to be in Oz before the year is out....I'm 26, James is 27, job info is in my signature. Ta
As per my post above you should add yourself using the link www.beupdate.co.uk/perth.php

Allan
Old May 5th 2008, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Location: at present hyde manchester england ,hopefully mulalloo perth wa
armstrong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello ys and girls ,

me and my misuss wil be hitting the sunny beachs of mulalloo in july am gonna be working for a guy up in bibra lake (am a joiner gong on 457 sponnsered visa),we cant wait everyday here feels like a year.

see you all in the mulalloo tavern
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:12 am
Just Joined

dgmack80 has a spectacular aura aboutdgmack80 has a spectacular aura aboutdgmack80 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hey all

Got my visa through today! Can't believe how quickly it came through, only submitted it online 6th June!! Booked my flights for the 22nd July and will be arriving on the 23rd. Can't wait to get out there. Going to be working in Armadale/Kelmscott Hospital but haven't decided where i'm going to stay yet. Any suggestions?!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:08 am
Just Joined

terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by allankate
They say 12 months from when you instruct them, we did that in Sept07 and we delayed the prestart a bit because they said they needed us there in person. However we got a friend to do it for us, and I think this delayed us about 2 months. They say that it should be ready Oct/Novemebr time, but of course we shall see

It seems to be about 6 months planning approval / design etc followed by 6 months to build. Our just took longer for the first part as we had a mortgage hold up (start of the credit crunch!) and also with some docs having to be sent via post it would take 2 weeks from them to us and back again. So far we've been pretty much on track

Allan
We arrive 28th August last year, View the show houses in Settlershills, Baldivis the first weekend, Put a deposit on a 3/2 on a brand new development the next week end. There was a 6 week delay with buying the plot as the Titles had not been finalised. Prestart the week before Xmas and awith xmas it delayed final plans and building licenses a few weeks. We went slab down in Feb, First brick went down Easter week, We went to Lock up last week and as our package includes all fittings inside (Tiles, carpets, Kitchen etc) it will take slightly longer till we get the keys but we are expecting to move in within the next 8-12 weeks.

With the Interest rates rises and such they say the building of new houses has slowed (All the more trades available to work on ours) but as our house is one of 12 in a development that are being build by the same builder (Content Living) that may be the reason that ours has gone up pretty quickly.

Mark
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:27 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dgmack80
Hey all

Got my visa through today! Can't believe how quickly it came through, only submitted it online 6th June!! Booked my flights for the 22nd July and will be arriving on the 23rd. Can't wait to get out there. Going to be working in Armadale/Kelmscott Hospital but haven't decided where i'm going to stay yet. Any suggestions?!
If your wanting to live near to were you work the Kelmscott hills are nice. Heard a few dodgy things about Armadale but i'm not there yet so not an expert. Visited last October & it looked OKish !!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi

i have just added our details we are
debbie - nurse
glenn -fitter (will be temporay house husband)
josh -13
shelby -11

looking at waikiki/cooloongup as working in the RKDG

aiming for 17th sept but no later than end sept/early oct

handing notice in at work very soon woohoo!!

debbie
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

dave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the rough

Hi. We are building with HomebuyerCentre in Brighton. Bought a piece of Australia at The Green. Plans are finalised and building will start end Aug. We are looking to move into the house next June ...latest!!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Hi everyone we moved out to WA on May 3rd 2008 were currently renting in Shoalwater - Rockingham but looking to move to eirther Secret Harbour or Mandurah, we have 2 teeneage boys age 13 & 15 if anyone fancy a meet up feel free to contact me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.