Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:03 am
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

hi everyone,

we are aiming to be out in perth in feb.
visa has just started [spons temp 457] our employer rekons 6 weeks to 3 months till we get it.

so all going well we could be there before feb.

we are a young family and i will be desperate to make some new friends when we get there [hubby seems to make friends rellt easy plus he has work as an advantage] [i dont!!!!]

kids [6,4 and 1 1/2 yers old] are sooo excited, already know what pictures they want on their boogie boards!

hope to meet up with some of you

rosie and paul. + 3 kids- beth, ben and phoebe.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Hi

Where abouts in Perth are you headed? and what does your hubby do? Do you plan to work whe you get there?

I'm Lisa and hubby is Tony who is an engineer. We are heading for south of Perth around Mandurah. We have 2 boys 3 yr old and 13mths now. We are going over on 20th Jan 08.

Originally Posted by english-rose
hi everyone,

visa has just started [spons temp 457] our employer rekons 6 weeks to 3 months till we get it.

we are a young family and i will be desperate to make some new friends when we get there [hubby seems to make friends rellt easy plus he has work as an advantage] [i dont!!!!]

kids [6,4 and 1 1/2 yers old] are sooo excited, already know what pictures they want on their boogie boards!

Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

hi everyone,

Hi Rosie and clan.

We too are off to Perth area on a 457, hopefully before Christmas.
Were will be going to Coogee 5 minutes south of Fremantle.
Our son Lucas who will be 3 in 3 weeks is so excited too.

What part are you off too? What does your hubby do?

Hope to get to put names to faces one day.
Becky

Originally Posted by LisaT

Hi

Where abouts in Perth are you headed? and what does your hubby do? Do you plan to work whe you get there?

I'm Lisa and hubby is Tony who is an engineer. We are heading for south of Perth around Mandurah. We have 2 boys 3 yr old and 13mths now. We are going over on 20th Jan 08.
Hi Lisa,

Mandurah does look really pretty, we had a company that was interested in sponsoring us there, but we got offered a better package with the company in Coogee.
Two lads, after today my son wont make it to Australia, why are boys so cheeky, loud and daft but all you want to do is laugh, even when you want to shout too?

like i said to Rosie, hope to put names to faces soon.
Good luck with everything to you both,

Becky.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:55 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're currently trying to get everything together so that we can complete the general skill visa on-line. Hubby got his RPL passed last month and now we're just waiting for him to take the English test on the 1st December in Manchester. If everything works out we would hope to settle in Perth towards the end of next year - so many things to sort out, i'm in migration overload!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

REMEMBER THE MEET UP IN KINGS PARK THIS SUNDAY AT 12PM!

Sarah
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:10 am
Just Joined

ptaplin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah,

Thanks, yes we hope to be at the meet on Sunday.

Thanks,

Phil.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:55 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LisaT
Hi Chris

How is Sharon doing.
I sent here a pm recently. Does she ever get online at all?
She was going to send you a PM back, she must have forgot She couldn't remember who your mum was(need more clues ) Said perhaps she knows her from Partners Salon in Woburn Sands as they called her Sherry there as they had a Sharon already We moved into new rental a couple of weeks ago & have been without internet since(on library 'puter!)

Sharon is managing a Salon over here at the mo, she's really enjoying it, but very challenging!

I'll let her know you asked after her

Bet you can't wait to get over here!? Mandurah is really nice area

All the best,

Chris

Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:02 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

REMEMBER THE MEET UP IN KINGS PARK THIS SUNDAY AT 12PM!

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

We will be at the meet on Sunday, hope to get there early & bring our bikes & have a bit of a ride round first.

See you there hopefully, Who's doing the name badges!

All the best,

Chris

Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

carolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the rough

Hiya All
We have been here 2 weeks tomorrow now and so far so good! Have settled in Secret Harbour and hope to have secured 6 month rental in that area too (should find out later today).
We are James and Carolyn (44) Fraser (13) and Islay (8). Children seem to be settling well at Comet Bay College and Primary and will hopefully make friends as time goes on.
Have just found out about meet in Kings Park on Sunday so hope to meet up with some of you then for some fun
We are still hunting about regarding jobs and Im getting in a bit of a panic now about how we will work everything out. Im a nurse and there seems to be loads of work but getting knickers in a twist about how to work this round what hubby will do He was Police Officer in UK but no intention of that here so is looking for driving work or something like that. ( he is also a joiner to trade and happy with general maintenance work too) Hope to meet up with some folk who can point him in the right direction soon as our nest egg will slowly dissapear if we continue to do lunch all the time
Dont have internet access of our own yet so will pop into library from time to time to catch up.
Cheers
Carolyn x
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Carolyn,

You sound like me a few weeks ago, I was well in a panic about everything it seemed. Things can get on top of you. We found it hard to get a rental to ready for when we had to leave the holiday accommodation.

Anyway, we will be there on Sunday and hopefully see you there.

Chris,

I will let you do the name badges if you like

Just joking, do you think we need any? If so I might go to office works and buy a pack of labels and bring a marker pen.(If I remember).

Sarah
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth_List.doc (284.5 KB, 77 views)
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Yes she's right. I am Linda's daughter. She worked with my mum at Partners. What a small world.
Tell Sharon my mum sends her best.
Looking forward to getting there but things are so hectic now and the stress and emotional roller coaster is something I wish we could skip.

Originally Posted by The_Effys
She was going to send you a PM back, she must have forgot She couldn't remember who your mum was(need more clues ) Said perhaps she knows her from Partners Salon in Woburn Sands as they called her Sherry there as they had a Sharon already We moved into new rental a couple of weeks ago & have been without internet since(on library 'puter!)

Sharon is managing a Salon over here at the mo, she's really enjoying it, but very challenging!

I'll let her know you asked after her

Bet you can't wait to get over here!? Mandurah is really nice area

All the best,

Chris

Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:52 am
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

please can i be on the list? http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

im rosie [27] a nanny, my husband is paul [28] a structural draftsman, my children are beth [6], ben [4] and phoebe [1]

visa just started [spons 457] and house is on market.

hoping for feb/march 08

see u all there. [hopefully]

rosie
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

please can i be on the list? http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

im rosie [27] a nanny, my husband is paul [28] a structural draftsman, my children are beth [6], ben [4] and phoebe [1]

visa just started [spons 457] and house is on market.

hoping for feb/march 08

see u all there. [hopefully]

rosie
Welcome rosie
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Rosie,

I have added you to the list. Where abouts are you hoping to settle?

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth_List[1].doc (288.0 KB, 70 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.