British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/settling-perth-2007-8-list-469263/)

Ozzy7 Dec 7th 2007 8:33 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

How have most of you decided what part of Perth you are heading too? Have you been to Perth before and know the area's? We have never been to Perth before so really unsure what part to settle in, OH is a fitter engineer and we have 2 teenage boys so will have to settle where the work is and good secondary schools.
After looking on the net all parts of Perth looks wonderful, I think its going to be difficult to find somewhere to live.
Were looking to fly on in February next year, were just waiting for our visa which our agent did say we should recieve this month!:unsure:

LisaT Dec 7th 2007 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Ozzy7 (Post 5642684)
How have most of you decided what part of Perth you are heading too? Have you been to Perth before and know the area's? We have never been to Perth before so really unsure what part to settle in, OH is a fitter engineer and we have 2 teenage boys so will have to settle where the work is and good secondary schools.
After looking on the net all parts of Perth looks wonderful, I think its going to be difficult to find somewhere to live.
Were looking to fly on in February next year, were just waiting for our visa which our agent did say we should recieve this month!:unsure:

Hi

My OH is a fitter engineer too. But he has been working with pumps for the last 2 years and has a contact who is sorting a job for him in a large pump company in and industrial area called Henderson. This is just south of Fremantle. Fremantle is a lovely little town with real charactor and is a port. We visited last year and travelled all round North Perth all the way down to rockingham. We didn't like Rockingham ourselves. But we never went further south. So this time we have booked to stay just outside Mandurah to give us a chance to look further South to compare.

I cant really help with where the work is though unfortunately.

The_Effys Dec 7th 2007 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzy7 (Post 5642684)

Hi Ozzy7,
We were originally going to Mandurah as there is a new train depot there & I'm a train driver, was hoping to get a job there but they arn't recruiting again till next year. So we decided to still stay in the area(ish!) Heard lots of people say how nice Secret Harbour was & after driving round & surfing there, that's where we have settled! :thumbup:

Some people look at schools first, then jobs second. It's hard with the schools as some people will give them a good report & others will say avoid them at all costs! :blink:

I have to say, we really like it down this way & we have both managed to get local jobs. Baldivis/Settlers Hills is really nice area aswell. But what I will say(as someone else said to me :sneaky:) is that wherever you go, it is all nice & you can't go far wrong ;)

Good luck with your decision & all the best,
Chris :)

mad.chef Dec 8th 2007 8:52 am

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Malcs66,

I have added you and your onto the list. Welcome aboard!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:

nelboy Dec 9th 2007 9:17 pm

Hi all,

We have been asked to supply med and police checks, which is good news the only downer is I thought we had done with all the damn forms.

police checks are easy but we are panicking a bit over the health ones, I am asthmatic so I have a bit of a past history with docs and hospitals so trying to remember all that has gone under the bridge is impossible, I am fit as a fiddle now so it all seems a bit much!

Nelboy

2-hunter Dec 9th 2007 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by nelboy (Post 5650625)
Hi all,

We have been asked to supply med and police checks, which is good news the only downer is I thought we had done with all the damn forms.

police checks are easy but we are panicking a bit over the health ones, I am asthmatic so I have a bit of a past history with docs and hospitals so trying to remember all that has gone under the bridge is impossible, I am fit as a fiddle now so it all seems a bit much!

Nelboy

Hi Mate
Just to let you know police checks take upto 40 days and ours took the the full forty (Hampshire Police) Middx might be better.
Health Checks are easy they dont check to much into your history,we had ours done at Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead apart from the wee test (we had to drink buckets of water first) its a walk in park.
We are from Camberley and are flying out in Feb 08 going to Perth.

When and Where are you hoping to go.

Cheers
Dave

mad.chef Dec 9th 2007 11:53 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

More adjustments done to the list.

HERE IS THE LIST:

lpw Dec 10th 2007 4:50 am

Being a young single in Perth, you're probably best sticking to the city – it's better for work too. The areas popular with expats are mostly older/families. Still really great places, but you might find it limiting as far as meeting new buddies goes.

Rangers supporters club used to be at the Inglewood Soccer Club – not sure if it's still there. They seem to struggle for a venue... something to do with rowdiness if you can beleive that :D

Originally Posted by Don2211 (Post 5114403)
Hi,

One of my mates moved out there 2 years ago 9he's all I know).

Daunted? I had not really thought it about it to be honest until I started reading through some of the posts on this website.
Ive always thought about doing it, now its time to do it. But the closer it gets to doing it the more daunting it gets

P.S
I'll send you a PM in 2 mins

Cheetah7 Dec 10th 2007 9:13 am

Well my heathrow hotel is booked the night before, I feel so sad at leaving my little flat and I think that will be quite hard knowing that I am so near to it yet it isn't mine to go back to (if that makes sense).

Hotel for Singapore is now booked, time is going so quickly and my emotions are up and down like a tarts knickers.

I would be interested to read on what other people have planned for when they arrive at the airport? We always get to our flights about 4 hours before we take off just to be safe.

For us it's Duty Free, coffee and 'people watching', noone is coming to the airport with us so thankfully we won't have any tears (she says :D)

I am nervous and excited at the same time - not a pleasant mix!:o

yellowmellow Dec 10th 2007 1:23 pm

Hello all,

Just to let you know that we have now got the visa and the flights are booked for Sunday from Heathrow. We are going via Bangkok.

Arrive in Perth on Tuesday and cant wait. We will finally have Christmas in the sun.

See you all there.

Becky xx

LisaT Dec 10th 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5652212)
Well my heathrow hotel is booked the night before, I feel so sad at leaving my little flat and I think that will be quite hard knowing that I am so near to it yet it isn't mine to go back to (if that makes sense).

Hotel for Singapore is now booked, time is going so quickly and my emotions are up and down like a tarts knickers.

I would be interested to read on what other people have planned for when they arrive at the airport? We always get to our flights about 4 hours before we take off just to be safe.

For us it's Duty Free, coffee and 'people watching', noone is coming to the airport with us so thankfully we won't have any tears (she says :D)

I know how you feel. We move out of our house between Xmas and New Year into my mums to ahnd over to rental agents.
We fly in six weeks and if I'm honest I don't feel any excitement now. I purely have dread. I am dreading when the time comes to say good bye to friends and family. Having a leaving do on 5th Jan and a small family New Years Eve. Both of which I know will be emotional.
Most days I find myself trying not to think about what we're leaving as I could get quite emotional now and I cant cope with 6 weeks of it. So I try to keep busy and stick with facts.
I don't doubt what we're doing I just know it will be the hardest thing I've done in my life so far.

Does anyone else feel the same?

nelboy Dec 10th 2007 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by 2-hunter (Post 5650772)
Hi Mate
Just to let you know police checks take upto 40 days and ours took the the full forty (Hampshire Police) Middx might be better.
Health Checks are easy they dont check to much into your history,we had ours done at Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead apart from the wee test (we had to drink buckets of water first) its a walk in park.
We are from Camberley and are flying out in Feb 08 going to Perth.

When and Where are you hoping to go.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

We hope to go as soon as we can, assuming it takes 40 days for the police checks then that should be mid jan then 6 - 8 weeks for the visa if all is ok after that so maybe mid Feb to mid March we should be ready to buy some tickets and get over the seas to a new life.

I had my x-ray today OH has hers on wedneday and also wednesday we all go for our meds. ho hum.

At least once its done then we have no more to do on the visa front just sell the house and all the rest.

We are headed to Connolly (just below Joondalup) to start with, we have freinds there so we will try and stay close to them if we can get a rental nearby.

What about you where are you headed?

Cheers
Neil.

Cheetah7 Dec 10th 2007 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by LisaT (Post 5652774)
I know how you feel. We move out of our house between Xmas and New Year into my mums to ahnd over to rental agents.
We fly in six weeks and if I'm honest I don't feel any excitement now. I purely have dread. I am dreading when the time comes to say good bye to friends and family. Having a leaving do on 5th Jan and a small family New Years Eve. Both of which I know will be emotional.
Most days I find myself trying not to think about what we're leaving as I could get quite emotional now and I cant cope with 6 weeks of it. So I try to keep busy and stick with facts.
I don't doubt what we're doing I just know it will be the hardest thing I've done in my life so far.

Does anyone else feel the same?

I feel the same:(

The thought of when we are in our Heathrow Hotel that we will be homeless, that my little flat will be so near and I cant go to it to make myself secure.

The thought of hurting everyone that I love and care about, walking from a secure job to go back to the beginning to find another one.

But the thought of starting afresh in another country keeps me going and I feel so proud that we have finally got the visa.

But yes, Im terrified.:o

MOONLIGHT Dec 10th 2007 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5652212)

We fly on 24th January stopping off in Hong Kong for 3 days and arrive Perth 28th. :)
We were thinking of staying the night at Heathrow seeing as we have to check-in about 10.30 am or else we'll have to leave early hours to travel up. :ohmy:
When i first set about this process earlier in the year i alway's said that i would like to fly back to Oz towards the end of Jan with my brother who would be coming home for Xmas for a 6 week holiday....Well he arrives on Saturday :eek: and i think that when i see him it's going to make me realise what i've actually done :eek::eek: and while i don't want to wish away his holiday i will be forever nervous & excited for 6 weeks.
I am dreading the goodbye's, like everyone else but i know that we have to go through it so i try not to think about it for a minute and well when we get to Heathrow i'm going to have a few of these, :beer::beer: even if it is early :rofl:

2-hunter Dec 10th 2007 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by nelboy (Post 5652835)
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

We hope to go as soon as we can, assuming it takes 40 days for the police checks then that should be mid jan then 6 - 8 weeks for the visa if all is ok after that so maybe mid Feb to mid March we should be ready to buy some tickets and get over the seas to a new life.

I had my x-ray today OH has hers on wedneday and also wednesday we all go for our meds. ho hum.

At least once its done then we have no more to do on the visa front just sell the house and all the rest.

We are headed to Connolly (just below Joondalup) to start with, we have freinds there so we will try and stay close to them if we can get a rental nearby.

Cheers
Neil.

Hi Neil

We are Heading for Bunbury or Austriland Like your self i am also in the Motor Trade working as a Paint Sprayer.
But when we arrive we dont know a soul, Got no car, No House, No Job,and No friends.........hmmmmm Yes i know what your thinking Billy no Mates !
But hey we Cant wait to get there. Roll on February.

Good Luck with your meds on Wednesday....Drink Loads of Water Trust me !

Cheers
Dave

Craig822 Dec 10th 2007 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by mad.chef (Post 5650996)
Hi all,

More adjustments done to the list.

HERE IS THE LIST:

Hi all

Would you believe just noticed this thread:o

We're flying on 28 Dec 08 so I guess we just squeeze in to your list. Taking a week to get there and planning to land around 4th/5th Jan 09 in Perth. Have a house in Connolly so planning on settling there.

I'm Craig (41) currently serving in the RAF. Planning on working as an Admin Officer/Office Manager on retirement!. Mrs is Sharon (44) a self-employed Computer Consultant. Kids are Harriet (8) and Dominic (4).

My main interest is long distance running having completed 33 marathons. Planning on taking up a few more outdoor activities upon arrival.

Can't wait - 384 days to go:rofl:

PS. I'm a Huddersfield Town fan - don't suppose theres any others out there is there?!?!?

nelboy Dec 10th 2007 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by 2-hunter (Post 5653463)

Hi Neil

We are Heading for Bunbury or Austriland Like your self i am also in the Motor Trade working as a Paint Sprayer.
But when we arrive we dont know a soul, Got no car, No House, No Job,and No friends.........hmmmmm Yes i know what your thinking Billy no Mates !
But hey we Cant wait to get there. Roll on February.

Good Luck with your meds on Wednesday....Drink Loads of Water Trust me !

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave or is that Billy!

I am sure you will not be the first poms to move down Bunbury way, we too just cant wait to go, all this paperwork and waiting is knocking years off my life hopefully a bit of sun and some time to relax can add them back on again!

We have some Friends that are intending on moving to Bunbury, they live in Staines too, doesnt say a lot for Staines does it?

We dont have the possessions things either waiting for us but we do have someone to stay with when we get there which is nice, I am sure after a week or too you will sit down and think "it was all worth while".

He who dares wins Rodney

Neil

mum01753 Dec 10th 2007 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5652842)
I feel the same:(

The thought of when we are in our Heathrow Hotel that we will be homeless, that my little flat will be so near and I cant go to it to make myself secure.

The thought of hurting everyone that I love and care about, walking from a secure job to go back to the beginning to find another one.

But the thought of starting afresh in another country keeps me going and I feel so proud that we have finally got the visa.

But yes, Im terrified.:o

Us too, :( Feeling very scared on minute and excited the next :unsure:.

I feeling very sentimentall round this time trying not to think about leaving my son and grandaughters behind and it dont help (or does) that family seem to be avoiding us, all oh family going away together sking for xmas we havent been invited, my parents dont want to talk to me but at least my brother postponed going away to spend boxing day together :wub:
And my sister cannot wait till we get there.

very close friends getting upset when we spend time with them, makes me wanna cry too, but holding it in. :(

Keep going, keep going, keep going.

BTW we fly Feb 10th, no one at airport to say goodbye staying night before at hotel.

mad.chef Dec 10th 2007 10:02 pm

1 Attachment(s)
HERE IS THE NEW LIST:

Cheetah7 Dec 10th 2007 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by mum01753 (Post 5654216)
Us too, :( Feeling very scared on minute and excited the next :unsure:.

I feeling very sentimentall round this time trying not to think about leaving my son and grandaughters behind and it dont help (or does) that family seem to be avoiding us, all oh family going away together sking for xmas we havent been invited, my parents dont want to talk to me but at least my brother postponed going away to spend boxing day together :wub:
And my sister cannot wait till we get there.

very close friends getting upset when we spend time with them, makes me wanna cry too, but holding it in. :(

Keep going, keep going, keep going.

BTW we fly Feb 10th, no one at airport to say goodbye staying night before at hotel.

How nice would it be to fly out on the same day and have fellow expats to swap notes/nerves with.:thumbsup:

mary1967 Dec 11th 2007 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by nelboy (Post 5652835)
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

Cheers
Neil.

Quick question, did you apply for the police checks and medical stuff before you submitted the visa application? I was under the impression that you had to submit the visa application and then wait until they told you to get them done?

nelboy Dec 11th 2007 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by mary1967 (Post 5657908)
Quick question, did you apply for the police checks and medical stuff before you submitted the visa application? I was under the impression that you had to submit the visa application and then wait until they told you to get them done?

Hi Mary,

We have been asked to supply meds and police checks by DIAC so we are doing as instructed.

You can front load and get them done in advance BUT the date on the police check is the one used to start the year you have to activate your visa so if a problem arises and you dont get your visa as quick as planned it will give you less time (or no time) to get over at your own pace to activate the visa.

Regards

Neil.

2-hunter Dec 11th 2007 10:38 pm

Hi all

Check this out just found this Thread Tell us about your new life.This is for you guys and girls who are all ready in OZ .. do you think it is really that bad? Judging by the replys it sounds like it.

:confused:

mad.chef Dec 12th 2007 3:37 am

Hi 2-hunter,

I have found the thread and read it. A lot of the earlier posts were very pessimistic but quite a few of the later ones were really positive.

We have been here for 10 weeks now and we all have settled in really well. Life is still the same where ever you live though, you still have to take the kids to school and do the washing, shopping etc.

Some things about the heat are true, but if you went to holiday to Ibiza etc you wouldn't stay out in the sun all day as that is just madness. Also it is definitely cool in the houses here when it is cold outside. I wished we had bought electric plug in heaters with us. Definitely recommend bringing those with you. Some rentals here have pot belly stove heaters in the lounge, just depends on what you rent/buy.

My husband is still missing his local pint down the social club. Here in the suburbs there may be one tavern which you usually have to drive to. If you want a more social type of life you are betting moving to one of the older style suburbs that have more facilities or closer to the city.

Sarah

ps. Still loving it here!

mary1967 Dec 12th 2007 8:09 am

Originally Posted by nelboy (Post 5657980)
Hi Mary,

We have been asked to supply meds and police checks by DIAC so we are doing as instructed.

You can front load and get them done in advance BUT the date on the police check is the one used to start the year you have to activate your visa so if a problem arises and you dont get your visa as quick as planned it will give you less time (or no time) to get over at your own pace to activate the visa.

Regards

Neil.

Thanks for that:)

yellowmellow Dec 12th 2007 8:36 am

Originally Posted by mad.chef (Post 5654360)
HERE IS THE NEW LIST:

Just looked and i have been missed off the list :(

My names Becky 27, Partner Marv 33 (sign writer) and we have a son Lucas 3.

We are moving to Coogee Just south of Perth, and arrive on the 18th Dec.

Do you need anymore info?

Thanks Becky xx

The_Effys Dec 12th 2007 10:08 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by yellowmellow; (Post 5659625)
Just looked and i have been missed off the list :(

My names Becky 27, Partner Marv 33 (sign writer) and we have a son Lucas 3.

We are moving to Coogee Just south of Perth, and arrive on the 18th Dec.

Do you need anymore info?

Thanks Becky xx

Hi Becky, sorry about that :o , If you were originally on the list you may have been deleted accidently when it was updated at some stage, bit of a complex procedure to update :ohmy: but fortunately mistakes don't happen too often :lol:

Good luck wih your flights :thumbup:

Here is the updated list:

yellowmellow Dec 12th 2007 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by The_Effys (Post 5659799)
Hi Becky, sorry about that :o , If you were originally on the list you may have been deleted accidently when it was updated at some stage, bit of a complex procedure to update :ohmy: but fortunately mistakes don't happen too often :lol:

Good luck wih your flights :thumbup:

Here is the updated list:

Thank you, :thumbsup: im no longer forgotten,

Cant wait till sunday night and we are finally at the airport. Between now and sunday is going to be hard so many goodbyes.
Tomorrow is my brother, friday is my mum and dad, Saturday is My other halves family and sunday is my grandparents. 4 days of tears!
But then i cant wait for our overnight stay in Bangkok, just a break to come to terms with what is happening.

Anyone got any tips to keep a hypo 3 yr old on a plane occupied?
Has anyone flown with Thai airlines? are they any good?

Sorry so many questions. :eek: think im going mad!!!!!!

Thanks again
Becky xx

janandjohn Dec 13th 2007 12:13 am

Hi Becky
Just read your post - hurray you're on you way! I arrived Tuesday and having a great time - just trying to find somewhere to live at the moment which is proving to be quite hard but we'll get there I'm sure. Am posting this from internet cafe - so we try and keep up with everyone. Good luck with the flight and hope to meet up real soon.

Janice
xx:thumbsup:

Nicki Kefford Dec 13th 2007 10:37 pm

Hi everyone and good luck to all of you flying out soon!!

Is there anyone flying to Perth 7th of Feb from B'Ham on Emirates flight? If so, let me know.....it would be great to meet someone as mad as us..never been there before and only know people from expatsites etc...

Merry Christmas to you all anyway,

Nicki, Darryl, Harlea, Phoebe and mad dog Blue x

gsxrmad Dec 14th 2007 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Nicki Kefford (Post 5665965)
Hi everyone and good luck to all of you flying out soon!!

Is there anyone flying to Perth 7th of Feb from B'Ham on Emirates flight? If so, let me know.....it would be great to meet someone as mad as us..never been there before and only know people from expatsites etc...

Merry Christmas to you all anyway,

Nicki, Darryl, Harlea, Phoebe and mad dog Blue x

hi, we arrived in Perth 12th August 07'. NOR. Can we join the list? We would love to meet up with some people who have moved over with 16 to 18 year olds!!!!
Lorraine

butterflysand Dec 14th 2007 6:37 am

Hi Everyone,
We arrived in the Perth area 4 weeks ago. Thats Darren (38), me (35), Kim (17) , Tas (13) & Elly (8). OH has now started work, and I'm left at home with the kids. The holiday feeling is starting to leave us, as we've been looking at schools etc. Its hard knowing that your friends are no longer just round the corner.
I"m sure I'm not the only one who's felt this way.

gsxrmad Dec 14th 2007 8:20 am

Originally Posted by butterflysand (Post 5667119)
Hi Everyone,
We arrived in the Perth area 4 weeks ago. Thats Darren (38), me (35), Kim (17) , Tas (13) & Elly (8). OH has now started work, and I'm left at home with the kids. The holiday feeling is starting to leave us, as we've been looking at schools etc. Its hard knowing that your friends are no longer just round the corner.
I"m sure I'm not the only one who's felt this way.

Hi, Yes I know what you mean. I have 3 kids the same ages!! How is your 17 year old coping?
Lorraine

mindblower Dec 14th 2007 9:10 am

[ QUOTE]

Hi there

Heading to "Rocky" soon hopefully.

Take your point re friends...hmmm

Dave

butterflysand Dec 14th 2007 10:14 am

Originally Posted by gsxrmad (Post 5667357)
Hi, Yes I know what you mean. I have 3 kids the same ages!! How is your 17 year old coping?
Lorraine

At the moment not too bad, but she might be playing for time. Our plan was to come over for a year, and if it didn't work out, go back. Everyone was fine with this until about last March when she started saying she didn't want to come as she had met the love of her life, (still going strong!) Then at Heathrow departure lounge Darren told her give it 3 months, (I was not impressed), and we'll discuss it again regarding just her. Its a bit easier now she has some kind of social life, - more than me anyway! The 13 yr old hasn't made any new friends, but then she's more reserved, and the youngest has made friends in the street.
How are all yours coping? Sorry to go on, you can tell I've not had much conversation today!!
Sandra

butterflysand Dec 14th 2007 10:18 am

Originally Posted by mindblower (Post 5667468)
[ QUOTE]

Hi there

Heading to "Rocky" soon hopefully.

Take your point re friends...hmmm

Dave

Hi
Where in Rocky are you looking? We're still in short term rental at the mo, but we're hoping to be more settled in Safety Bay or Waikiki soon.
And yes, make sure you keep in touch with friends back home, some days it helps and other days it can make the isolation complete. Even my 8 year old now has her own email!!
Sandra

gsxrmad Dec 14th 2007 10:58 am

Originally Posted by butterflysand (Post 5667578)
At the moment not too bad, but she might be playing for time. Our plan was to come over for a year, and if it didn't work out, go back. Everyone was fine with this until about last March when she started saying she didn't want to come as she had met the love of her life, (still going strong!) Then at Heathrow departure lounge Darren told her give it 3 months, (I was not impressed), and we'll discuss it again regarding just her. Its a bit easier now she has some kind of social life, - more than me anyway! The 13 yr old hasn't made any new friends, but then she's more reserved, and the youngest has made friends in the street.
How are all yours coping? Sorry to go on, you can tell I've not had much conversation today!!
Sandra

That sounds just like my 17 year old son!! we were not sure he was coming !!!! Hot and cold !!!
My 13 year old is shy too!! And as for my 9year old going to dancing, gym etc lots of friends and loving it!!!!
Do you fancy meeting up??
We are going to freemantle tomorrow, kids are going to art classes on the beach, which the 13 year loves but will not go unless 9 year old goes with him!!
Lorraine. Are you working?

mad.chef Dec 14th 2007 12:31 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gsxrmad (Post 5667005)
hi, we arrived in Perth 12th August 07'. NOR. Can we join the list? We would love to meet up with some people who have moved over with 16 to 18 year olds!!!!
Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

I have added you to the list, can we have more details please?

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:

butterflysand Dec 15th 2007 2:29 am

Originally Posted by gsxrmad (Post 5667694)
That sounds just like my 17 year old son!! we were not sure he was coming !!!! Hot and cold !!!
My 13 year old is shy too!! And as for my 9year old going to dancing, gym etc lots of friends and loving it!!!!
Do you fancy meeting up??
We are going to freemantle tomorrow, kids are going to art classes on the beach, which the 13 year loves but will not go unless 9 year old goes with him!!
Lorraine. Are you working?

Hi Lorraine
I would love to meet up, but I'm a bit restricted, as I'm not driving yet. Thats the first thing I'll get sorted after xmas! I won't be working until March at the earliest, once the kids are settled in school. I'm not used to so much time on my hands. Where in the northern suburbs are you? Are you working yet, or enjoying some time out?
Sandra

karen555 Dec 15th 2007 8:10 am

Hi Lorraine and Sandra

I have a 13 year old daughter who is struggling a bit at the moment. Only arrived three weeks ago so early days.

Perhaps we should arrange a teenage meet up in the hols to give them all something to do.

Let me know what you think

Karen