Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settlement Agents - Perth

Settlement Agents - Perth

Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Hullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura about
Default Settlement Agents - Perth

Are these required? Do they do much?

Can anyone recommend anyone they found to be good?

Thanks!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement Agents - Perth

Originally Posted by Hullfcfans

Thanks!
Do you mean like a relocation agent?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura about

I mean the guys who add their fees to the costs of selling and buying a home. There seems to be a $1,000 charge for re-registering the house with for the purposes of rates, which seems steep!

I bet it's just a case of filling in a form too.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I mean the guys who add their fees to the costs of selling and buying a home. There seems to be a $1,000 charge for re-registering the house with for the purposes of rates, which seems steep!

I bet it's just a case of filling in a form too.
No idea in that case, never been able to afford to buy a house here.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't pay $1000. Whe we were looking for one to do our settlement details on our purchase we told them we would use the service but only pay $700. They balked a bit, but we only paid $700.

As for whether you need one, I would say that if it's your first property purchase in WA then yes you should use one. They do all the title searching, etc that you probably wouldn't know how to do without them.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:50 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Don't pay $1000. Whe we were looking for one to do our settlement details on our purchase we told them we would use the service but only pay $700. They balked a bit, but we only paid $700.

As for whether you need one, I would say that if it's your first property purchase in WA then yes you should use one. They do all the title searching, etc that you probably wouldn't know how to do without them.
Ageed - you can do it yourself but its a pain in the arse - esp in WA. I used the one through the estate agent i was buying the house from and they gave me a discount since it was a referral. You can negotiate and shop around if you need to - up to you.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'd definitely use one, we bought and sold and ours was just over $1000 so if you're just buying should be less than that.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:51 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
They perform the same job as a solicitor would if you bought or sold a house in the UK
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:31 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
Mint Settlements.