settlement

Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Question settlement

we have our house up for sale... i was just thinking about timescales for things

if we get a buyer and they have all their finance in place how long does settlement usually take from that point?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:21 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: settlement

When we bought our house we put the offer in subject to finance (we already had a pre-approval cert), this offer was accepted, we then had 4 weeks to have the finance in place, once it was unconditional with finance,we then had another 3 weeks until settlement.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

ok, thanks
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you allowed to take your curtains....?

Just a silly thing that popped into my head considering we have spent a lot of money on them and the ones in my daughter's room I made and would like to use again...
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:19 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you had any offers yet Bridie?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridie
we have our house up for sale... i was just thinking about timescales for things

if we get a buyer and they have all their finance in place how long does settlement usually take from that point?
4 weeks it took us from viewing the house, to moving in.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:38 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you allowed to take your curtains....?

Just a silly thing that popped into my head considering we have spent a lot of money on them and the ones in my daughter's room I made and would like to use again...

Isn't it like UK where you can stipulate what you are leaving?

Know how you feel about the curtains. We weren't including the curtains in the sale of our house in the UK.

Our sale fell through twice and in the end we had to leave hoping the third sale would go through four weeks after we left. But we left the curtains up so that the house looked lived in. One of my biggest regrets! The couple who bought our house certainly got a bargain.

M
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Not sure....

Real estate agent said fixtures have to stay, furnishings you can take

So my interpretation is... curtain poles and blinds stay, curtains you can take

Anyway, I'll ask the agents tomorrow... just thought I'd ask here as sometimes you feel a numbnut keep asking silly questions of the agents
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:01 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure....

Real estate agent said fixtures have to stay, furnishings you can take

So my interpretation is... curtain poles and blinds stay, curtains you can take

Anyway, I'll ask the agents tomorrow... just thought I'd ask here as sometimes you feel a numbnut keep asking silly questions of the agents

Yes, I would agree with that. In the UK, which we're not(!!!!!!!!!!), was it not "if it's nailed it's temporary, if it's screwed (no rude comments please!), it's permanent".

I hope only the women read this thread!

Am I right thinking that you're in QLD? If you are, and you want to ask what's what, my pal is a real estate agent here and I could ask her questions for you. Although... you are going to be paying them a fortune to sell your house. Surely you can ask them questions!

PM me if you need me to ask my pal any questions.

M
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:00 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

When we were viewing our current house the sellers told us that the curtains were included but that if we didn't want them they would really love to take them. We said no problem, it didn't really matter to us so we let them have the curtains. They were really nice and apparently they had brought them over from India. All the windows had vertical blinds on them so they were still covered even without the curtains.

I think the seller can stipulate whatever they want. In our case they asked nicely if they could keep them and we agreed.

As far as time scales go, I believe we moved into our house about 5 weeks after we made the offer. They wanted to move out on that specific date and we said no problem. We actually wanted the place 2 weeks later but we wanted to make our offer as attractive as possible.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Curtains (like carpets, cookers and dishwashers etc) usually stay with the house. Every property I've ever bought had the window coverings (whether they were curtains or blinds) in place when we took over. Mind you they were universally horrible - but better than bare windows . I think it's something that people here might take for granted - that the curtains remain.

Usually, if you want to take stuff with you it should be specifically mentioned in the contract.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NickyC
Curtains (like carpets, cookers and dishwashers etc) usually stay with the house. Every property I've ever bought had the window coverings (whether they were curtains or blinds) in place when we took over. Mind you they were universally horrible - but better than bare windows . I think it's something that people here might take for granted - that the curtains remain.

Usually, if you want to take stuff with you it should be specifically mentioned in the contract.
Yikes
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes
This was Sydney - might be different in Perth.

If they are expecting some curtains maybe you could substitute a cheap pair of ready-mades so they've got something to cover the windows - the buyers might not even notice that the curtains they get are different to the originals .
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NickyC
This was Sydney - might be different in Perth.

If they are expecting some curtains maybe you could substitute a cheap pair of ready-mades so they've got something to cover the windows - the buyers might not even notice that the curtains they get are different to the originals .
Yes, think I'll do that... will ask the RE agent tomorrow as well

Just feel daft keep asking silly questions!!!!!