Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Setting up Bank Account!

Wikiposts

Setting up Bank Account!

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 3:54 am
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Setting up Bank Account!

Hi, doe's anyone have any info on how to go about setting up a account in OZ from UK? Plus which in your opinions are the best banks to deal with and can you do it all over the internet or phone? Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 3:56 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Setting up Bank Account!

We downloaded an application for ANZ bank (ages ago), but not got round to filling it in yet, too lazy.

Think its probably easier to start one in the UK as at least you have a permenant address, well for the minute anyway
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

We opened with Commonwealth this week. Completed the online form, posted the application on Tuesday and got a pack with account details on Friday. Very quick indeed!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:32 am
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
We opened with Commonwealth this week. Completed the online form, posted the application on Tuesday and got a pack with account details on Friday. Very quick indeed!
Hi thanks for that did, you just get in touch with the commonwealth to get the pack and what sort of account did you open?
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben1
Hi thanks for that did, you just get in touch with the commonwealth to get the pack and what sort of account did you open?

Here you go

Migrant Account
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

No, you download the application form from their website. That will open you a transfer account in the UK and a cash investment account in Oz. When you get to Oz you need to go into a branch and activate the account. But they set them up very quickly and send you a pack with all the details very quickly.

Cheers
Scott
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

Hi, doe's anyone have any info on how to go about setting up a account in OZ from UK? Plus which in your opinions are the best banks to deal with and can you do it all over the internet or phone? Thanks
Aye....search this forum!!! This question must get asked and answered at least once a week. Be assured, it's not too difficult, just a matter of choosing whether you want free banking or not. I opened with HSBC, about 4 years ago, all done over the internet, real easy.
Good luck!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:10 pm
Ben&Jill

Originally Posted by Margaret2
We downloaded an application for ANZ bank (ages ago), but not got round to filling it in yet, too lazy.

Think its probably easier to start one in the UK as at least you have a permenant address, well for the minute anyway

Thanks I went straight to ANZ web site general info and they have sent me required forms to fill out over the net Thanks again!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Yeah contrary to the horror stories I've read on here about Commonwealth Bank in the past we opened the UK Migrant account and have been very happy with their service so far ...
Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:21 am
Ben&Jill

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Yeah contrary to the horror stories I've read on here about Commonwealth Bank in the past we opened the UK Migrant account and have been very happy with their service so far ...
Hi Paul&Nic
Where abouts are you on the Gold coast ? we have been told that Ive a choice between Kelvin Grove, Greenslopes, And Racecourse, I know its not gold coast but do you have any info on them there areas.
I know its a big Q but just asking, as Kelvin Grove seems a bit on the expensive side for property!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Hi Paul&Nic
Where abouts are you on the Gold coast ? we have been told that Ive a choice between Kelvin Grove, Greenslopes, And Racecourse, I know its not gold coast but do you have any info on them there areas.
I know its a big Q but just asking, as Kelvin Grove seems a bit on the expensive side for property!
We're currently living at Upper Coomera. To be 100% honest I've never heard of any of those area's ...

Maybe throw it out as a thread, I'm sure someone will know something about them.