Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Set for record 100° roast

Wikiposts

Set for record 100° roast

Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:44 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oy PB You nasty little person

Originally posted by PeteY
Where'd u hear that then PB?

Sydney gets more rain than Manchester yes....but Melbourne does'nt. And Sydney gets 70% of its rain in a 3 month period..

Try here.....

http://www.meto.gov.uk/climate/uk/av...r_airport.html

and for melbourne?

http://www.geocities.com/lockstar/victoria.html

Or if you want somthing more official?:

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/climat...ual_rnfall.cgi

Why don't you look up mean sunshine duration for Sydney and compare it to Manchester and tell us all what you discover....

Melbournes weather is as I have been told by people who live there is no better than the Uk the Summers can have the odd warm days not unlike the weather in the UK right now but the on the whole its a 4 seasons in one day city.
You grasp to much hows the weather today in the UK just drove to work and its 3c in Perth right now.

Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:47 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Melbournes weather is as I have been told by people who live there is no better than the Uk the Summers can have the odd warm days not unlike the weather in the UK right now but the on the whole its a 4 seasons in one day city.
You grasp to much hows the weather today in the UK just drove to work and its 3c in Perth right now.

You would'nt be comparing a UK summer with an Aussie winter now would you mr PB? Nononono ! Thats somthing i see you telling people off about...

The weather here was absolutly beautiful today, as it has been for the past week, and as it probably will be for the next 3 days.

Hows the weather in Perth compare to ours in December then?
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:58 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

You would'nt be comparing a UK summer with an Aussie winter now would you mr PB? Nononono ! Thats somthing i see you telling people off about...

The weather here was absolutly beautiful today, as it has been for the past week, and as it probably will be for the next 3 days.

Hows the weather in Perth compare to ours in December then?
No but have I read on this forum and heard from the deluded in Perth that Winter in Perth is the same as the Summer in the UK , not my view as my home was bloody cold again last night.
If you mention the weather in the UK right now here its possible to hear a pin drop , the deluded need to believe in the Australian weather as jobs and wages are not on the same level as the UK.
The weather in Perth in December can be between 25c-44c but thats high Summer and days above 35c are few until Jan then we roast for 2 months until end of March the weather turns again .

Old Aug 8th 2003, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

No but have I read on this forum and heard from the deluded in Perth that Winter in Perth is the same as the Summer in the UK , not my view as my home was bloody cold again last night.
If you mention the weather in the UK right now here its possible to hear a pin drop , the deluded need to believe in the Australian weather as jobs and wages are not on the same level as the UK.
The weather in Perth in December can be between 25c-44c but thats high Summer and days above 35c are few until Jan then we roast for 2 months until end of March the weather turns again .

I have not read here from any posters that the Perth winter weather is the same as Uk summer.

However Todays weather in Perth metro.
Max 20c--- min 3c--- rain nil--- wind 7kph

weather UK east coast
Max 19c---min 10c---rain 25% chance---wind 15mph

Minimum temp on uk east coast higher But it is high summer in the uk. Winter in Perth.

The weather in both change from day to day.
Winters & summers in Perth do not compare to the Uk.

If you think its cold now PB wait until you go back to the Uk you will then find out what cold really is.

Get real, stop dreaming, open both eyes, the only thing that wont change when you get home is your whinging.

PC
Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HI PB how's the UK

Enough arguing about trivial things like the weather. The last time I spoke to you PB was when I was in Hobart in March and you were in Perth about to leave for the UK in June/July. We have since been in South Africa and the UK and are now in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. We are really battling to settle and have experienced days when we feel very positive and days when we are totally overwhelmed with doubt. How are you adjusting to being back in the UK. I must say I really enjoyed Aus, the land of plenty. The fresh produce and lifestyle is awesome. I think you're a bit harsh on your judgement and feel you should have tried Sydney or the Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast before you packed it in. I get this horrible feeling that we might just end up back in the UK if we're not careful. What sort of business are you in? and how do you feel in retrospect?

good luck and kind regards

sherry (goose's wife)
Old Aug 10th 2003, 3:37 pm
Banned

Originally posted by porkchop
If you think its cold now PB wait until you go back to the Uk you will then find out what cold really is.

Get real, stop dreaming, open both eyes, the only thing that wont change when you get home is your whinging.

PC
Yes I will freeze in a centraly heated home in the UK and its so warm in the houses in Perth when the temps drop down to 2c , have you stood around the Perth coast line in Winter the wind is great up the level of your posts , blowing a gale of crap.

Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:50 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I will freeze in a centraly heated home in the UK and its so warm in the houses in Perth when the temps drop down to 2c , have you stood around the Perth coast line in Winter the wind is great up the level of your posts , blowing a gale of crap.

Simple do what most sensible ,ozzies do in winter ,dont go near the coast...oh sorry your not an ozzie any more ....... MM
Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:16 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Hey PB...

Id be interested to read your response to Goose ?
Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

You delusional idiot.

If you moved to Australia under some illusion that it never gets cold, then you are surely the most naive person to ever have lived.

As for your ill-informed comments on Melbourne being as wet and miserable as Manchester. Wake up. Water restrictions have been in place for some time now because of the lack of rain. It would be a blessing if indeed it was as wet and rainy as Manchester. Since you have gone things have probably got better. You're the sort of idiot that waters his garden when water restrictions are in place or has a bbq during total fire ban.

Temperatures do feel hotter in London than for temperatures the same or in some cases hotter in Australia. This is the case because London is an overpopulated, over polluted city.

You PB are what we refer to as a tw*t.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:33 pm
Banned

Originally posted by mr mover
Simple do what most sensible ,ozzies do in winter ,dont go near the coast...oh sorry your not an ozzie any more ....... MM
So they move to the outback?

Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:36 pm
Banned

Originally posted by MeganEkno
You delusional idiot.

If you moved to Australia under some illusion that it never gets cold, then you are surely the most naive person to ever have lived.

As for your ill-informed comments on Melbourne being as wet and miserable as Manchester. Wake up. Water restrictions have been in place for some time now because of the lack of rain. It would be a blessing if indeed it was as wet and rainy as Manchester. Since you have gone things have probably got better. You're the sort of idiot that waters his garden when water restrictions are in place or has a bbq during total fire ban.

Temperatures do feel hotter in London than for temperatures the same or in some cases hotter in Australia. This is the case because London is an overpopulated, over polluted city.

You PB are what we refer to as a tw*t.

I mock the dreamers , what your point , as for Melbourne it has 4 seasons in one day , the lack of water comings from over population and miss sighting of its dams.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:37 pm
Banned

Hey PB...

Id be interested to read your response to Goose ?
The guy has a good point the Eastern states are better than WA but had my fill of Australia.