Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Set for record 100° roast

Wikiposts

Set for record 100° roast

Old Aug 5th 2003, 7:01 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Set for record 100° roast

Good job you Pom refugees are getting out the weather looks shite its far better here right now damp and cold at night just like what I thought you lot said a Brit Summer should be like?

BRITAIN is all set for its hottest day EVER today — with temperatures nudging 100°F (38°C).

The blistering heatwave saw JERSEY peak at 93°F (34.3°C) yesterday as the warm front swept towards the mainland.

It will put July 15’s record high of 92.5°F (33.6°) at Wisley, Surrey, in the shade. The UK record of 98.8°F (37.1°C) was set in Cheltenham, Gloucs, on August 3, 1990.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003360207,00.html
Attached Thumbnails Set for record 100° roast-car.jpg  

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 5th 2003 at 7:05 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Set for record 100° roast

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Good job you Pom refugees are getting out the weather looks shite its far better here right now damp and cold at night just like what I thought you lot said a Brit Summer should be like?

BRITAIN is all set for its hottest day EVER today — with temperatures nudging 100°F (38°C).

The blistering heatwave saw JERSEY peak at 93°F (34.3°C) yesterday as the warm front swept towards the mainland.

It will put July 15’s record high of 92.5°F (33.6°) at Wisley, Surrey, in the shade. The UK record of 98.8°F (37.1°C) was set in Cheltenham, Gloucs, on August 3, 1990.

One heatwave does not a summer make.

PC
Old Aug 5th 2003, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

amazing what you find washed up on a beach. Will go and get me bald head burnt in the sun as I drive about in the frog. have a warm one
LMS
Attached Thumbnails Set for record 100° roast-frpg-colour.jpeg  
Old Aug 5th 2003, 7:18 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by porkchop
One heatwave does not a summer make.

PC
True but the Summer looks the warmest on record upto this year so is the wheel turning , you only count wet days ?

Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:05 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

'heatwave'?.... you mean 3 or 4 days of fine weather in a row!!

NZ doesn't have 'heatwaves' - they're usually called 'summer'.... and they last for months....
Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by jandjuk

NZ doesn't have 'heatwaves' - they're usually called 'summer'.... and they last for months....

Don't kind yourself....the weather in NZ is not that much better than the UK (and there's a hell of a lot more to do in the UK).
Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Meridian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jandjuk

You haven't been keeping track of what is happening in England at the moment. Unfortunately this hot weather is meant to be carrying on for weeks.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:35 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoopee if it gets to 100 F I may even take my sweater off for 10 mins
Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Meridian
You haven't been keeping track of what is happening in England at the moment. Unfortunately this hot weather is meant to be carrying on for weeks.
Only weeks!! try running your everyday life somewhere between 30-40 and upwards from October till April. Sun looses its appeal real fast. Mad dogs and englishmen, its true.

Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Meridian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Only weeks!! try running your everyday life somewhere between 30-40 and upwards from October till April. Sun looses its appeal real fast. Mad dogs and englishmen, its true.

I don't like hot weather that is why I like living in a cold country.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Meridian
I don't like hot weather that is why I like living in a cold country.
I like summer, for a while, but too much of it just gets on your nerves month after month. Its pretty awful rushing about in such heat, just as much of a pain as snow or constant rain. I consider moving to a cooler climate a big advantage not a negative.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

We only get a summer every ten years....then the trains stop, you are warned not to go outside incase you burst into flames. soon after followed by hosepipe bans even though its rained everyweek for ten years !!!. share a bath, dont water your garden (if your lucky enough to have enough space!) dont flush the toilet unless its a smelly number 2, never ever clean your car, cover yourself in factor 300 high radiation from NASA, check the old people every hour , the British Tarmac will melt on motorways and at airports cusing travel chaos, all holiday makers will cancel there travel plans becse the Uk is so fantastic and warmer than Rio..this inturn will cause massive redundencies in the travel industry followed by an economic slump...president blair will be blamed and tossed out of office, this will seriously affect US/Uk relations and we will have to fight future wars by ourselves, which wont happen because the Lib Dems are a peace loving bunch................but then just three short days later and as if life wasnt bad enough the unthinkable happens.....nobody could have seen it coming.....its awesome................

The English weather returned...its 12Deg windy and raining...Beach donkeys are made redundent, but president blair gets a second chance with his right hand men Mandelson and Archer and his press advisor Lady Thatcher.........

Its great to be English where memories are short and the summers are shorter !!!!!!!!!

Steve

Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Set for record 100° roast

I was out laying decking in my back garden all day & I can tell you I was not enjoying it !. I love the heat but trying to work outside in this is crazy.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Well unfortunately we took our kids to the seaside last week and it p*****d it down practically the whole time we were there and i don't mean light rain either, if you also take into account the pretty c**p weather we had in Cyprus at Easter and that adds up to £6k wasted on holidays this year.

Fed Up
Mrs Pom

And to top it all my swinging hammock hasn't arrived yet so i can enjoy this weather. Still its set to last for another two weeks, by then my ironing pile will be higher than everest because i can't iron in this heat.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sully4441
amazing what you find washed up on a beach. Will go and get me bald head burnt in the sun as I drive about in the frog. have a warm one
LMS
Is that your motor Sully? Any plans on shipping it to NZ?

Gra..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.