Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Set for record 100° roast

Wikiposts

Set for record 100° roast

Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:14 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Set for record 100° roast

Originally posted by Gra.B
Not sure whether to ship mine over or not, cost about £1100 in a container but for a couple of hundred more they'll build a frame around the car so you can get more stuff in. If I sell it I'd want another, I've seen some advertised but it could be hard to find the right one. Prices aren't too bad either....not sure what to do yet..

Gra..
sorry gra but the frame is called a mezzanine, and this allows you to load over the top of vehicles, BUT make sure the company have competent staff, seen some horrible stuff ups.......by the way leave the "stag " at home the are worth "jack shit" here the hoons pull the motors out and put 308chev v8 in them .......... mm
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Mr Mover, what did you have to reply to him for? Its much easier when others haven't posted a reply to his ramblings and he's just waffling away to himself, we can all just skip straight past his posts then.

He's nothing but a pratt son, another failed refugee, a dreamer, who shouts loud and says nothing, speaking with a forked tongue, waffle, waffle, waffle, abuse, waffle, waffle..............
Nine years living in hell.... for his neighbours.

Whisky
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:41 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
Oh Mr Mover, what did you have to reply to him for? Its much easier when others haven't posted a reply to his ramblings and he's just waffling away to himself, we can all just skip straight past his posts then.

He's nothing but a pratt son, another failed refugee, a dreamer, who shouts loud and says nothing, speaking with a forked tongue, waffle, waffle, waffle, abuse, waffle, waffle..............
Nine years living in hell.... for his neighbours.

Whisky
PBs leaving soon and i need a new foil...........availble for daily comment..........but thanks Whisky i like your style.......... MM
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:09 am
Badge

An aussie friend of mine arrived in the UK last week and she maintains that the current 35 degree temps feel hotter than the heatwaves temps of 40s she experiences back home in Australia.

could be of course that coming from a winter she is not acclimatised.

badgers

Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:13 am
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
An aussie friend of mine arrived in the UK last week and she maintains that the current 35 degree temps feel hotter than the heatwaves temps of 40s she experiences back home in Australia.

badgers
I agree actually. I think it is more muggy here. Kind of like how you can have -20 in Canada and it doesn't feel much (if any) colder than -5 here...
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Typical Pom tosser , seen the news 2 train lines were affected out of hundreds as for the rest of your bollocks , I would say half your medication its too strong for you.

Blimey.........a reaction over satire....well well well !! you Have been away too long.

Last edited by steve-n-jo; Aug 7th 2003 at 6:56 am.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:00 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Typical Pom tosser , seen the news, 2 train lines were affected out of hundreds as for the rest of your bollocks , I would say half your medication its too strong for you.

Gough? (Rtd.)
Yep.
But the rest had to wait too.
Rudey!
Halve, not half.
Good joke when we were all into Carry On Matron.

Come on PB, lighten up!!!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr mover
sorry gra but the frame is called a mezzanine, and this allows you to load over the top of vehicles, BUT make sure the company have competent staff, seen some horrible stuff ups.......by the way leave the "stag " at home the are worth "jack shit" here the hoons pull the motors out and put 308chev v8 in them .......... mm
Cheers MM. They seem to fetch a better price in NZ, about same as here really. Just a quick thing on the mezzanine, does it go right over the car allowing stuff on top? Or just over the bonnet? I'm just thinking that if we could get all our other stuff in it would be worth doing, depends how much room there would be.

Ta, Gra..
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by badgersmount

badgers
Perhaps it's coz the aussies couldn't figure out the conversion, so temps of 40's are actually 30's!

(divide it, multiply it, take away the number you first thought of...very confusing!)

Gra..
Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:31 am
The Tooth Fairy

Often when it is hot and dry in Europe it is wetter than normal in Aus. We badly need rain in Aus if this year is not to be a repeat of last year. Dams in much of Aus are at low levels and even normal rainfall will result in sever water restrictions.

NO LA NIÑA BRINGS CHALLENGE TO FORECASTERS

Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oy PB You nasty little person

PB,

I am quite aware that it rains in Australia, however, it does not rain as much as it does here. Which is why the dams over there are currently only at 26%.

Tell me PB why does my post have loser written all over it?

The point I was making was that I am a little fed up with the weather we have had here for our week to the seaside and added to that the bad weather we had in Cyprus means that a lot of money was wasted this year on our holidays because we didn't have a proper chance to enjoy them.

Regards
Mrs Pom
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:53 am
Banned

Originally posted by Gra.B
Cheers MM. They seem to fetch a better price in NZ, about same as here really. Just a quick thing on the mezzanine, does it go right over the car allowing stuff on top? Or just over the bonnet? I'm just thinking that if we could get all our other stuff in it would be worth doing, depends how much room there would be.

Ta, Gra..
a well made mezzanine, made out of 4x4 pine up rights, 4x4 cross members and marine ply base sheets will cover an entire car, take alot of weight, and give you {over a sports car} about 4ft of load space, .......but as you say it is not cheap, ....... MM
Old Aug 8th 2003, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mr mover
a well made mezzanine, made out of 4x4 pine up rights, 4x4 cross members and marine ply base sheets will cover an entire car, take alot of weight, and give you {over a sports car} about 4ft of load space, .......but as you say it is not cheap, ....... MM
Thanks, I might talk to them again, (if I take the motor) I got the impression that the frame would only allow stuff over the bonnet, don't know why..

Cheers, Gra..
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:07 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oy PB You nasty little person

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom
PB,

I am quite aware that it rains in Australia, however, it does not rain as much as it does here. Which is why the dams over there are currently only at 26%.

Tell me PB why does my post have loser written all over it?

The point I was making was that I am a little fed up with the weather we have had here for our week to the seaside and added to that the bad weather we had in Cyprus means that a lot of money was wasted this year on our holidays because we didn't have a proper chance to enjoy them.

Regards
Mrs Pom
Both Sydney and Melbourne get more rain fall than Manchester per year, to go back to Europe on holiday from Australia count on spending $20K on one trip for 2 adults and two kids, think on.

Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:39 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oy PB You nasty little person

Both Sydney and Melbourne get more rain fall than Manchester per year, to go back to Europe on holiday from Australia count on spending $20K on one trip for 2 adults and two kids, think on.

Where'd u hear that then PB?

Sydney gets more rain than Manchester yes....but Melbourne does'nt. And Sydney gets 70% of its rain in a 3 month period..

Try here.....

http://www.meto.gov.uk/climate/uk/av...r_airport.html

and for melbourne?

http://www.geocities.com/lockstar/victoria.html

Or if you want somthing more official?:

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/climat...ual_rnfall.cgi

Why don't you look up mean sunshine duration for Sydney and compare it to Manchester and tell us all what you discover....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.