Reload this Page >

Set for record 100° roast

Wikiposts

Set for record 100° roast

Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by dotty
I like summer, for a while, but too much of it just gets on your nerves month after month. Its pretty awful rushing about in such heat, just as much of a pain as snow or constant rain. I consider moving to a cooler climate a big advantage not a negative.

the cold weather kills more ppl than hot weather
Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:13 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steve-n-jo
We only get a summer every ten years....then the trains stop, you are warned not to go outside incase you burst into flames. soon after followed by hosepipe bans even though its rained everyweek for ten years !!!. share a bath, dont water your garden (if your lucky enough to have enough space!) dont flush the toilet unless its a smelly number 2, never ever clean your car, cover yourself in factor 300 high radiation from NASA, check the old people every hour , the British Tarmac will melt on motorways and at airports cusing travel chaos, all holiday makers will cancel there travel plans becse the Uk is so fantastic and warmer than Rio..this inturn will cause massive redundencies in the travel industry followed by an economic slump...president blair will be blamed and tossed out of office, this will seriously affect US/Uk relations and we will have to fight future wars by ourselves, which wont happen because the Lib Dems are a peace loving bunch................but then just three short days later and as if life wasnt bad enough the unthinkable happens.....nobody could have seen it coming.....its awesome................

Steve

Typical Pom tosser , seen the news 2 train lines were affected out of hundreds as for the rest of your bollocks , I would say half your medication its too strong for you.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:16 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom
Well unfortunately we took our kids to the seaside last week and it p*****d it down practically the whole time we were there and i don't mean light rain either, if you also take into account the pretty c**p weather we had in Cyprus at Easter and that adds up to £6k wasted on holidays this year.

Fed Up
Mrs Pom

And to top it all my swinging hammock hasn't arrived yet so i can enjoy this weather. Still its set to last for another two weeks, by then my ironing pile will be higher than everest because i can't iron in this heat.
You have loser written all over your post, believe it or not it rains in Australia and going out in 35c-45c is shite.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 3:59 pm
Banned

Originally posted by bussie
the cold weather kills more ppl than hot weather
True but central heating is common except in bloody cold Australia on a night , can be 2c in Perth on a winters night and most have no heating that heats all the house.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:01 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Meridian
I don't like hot weather that is why I like living in a cold country.
Not so you should move farther North , seems its all in your mind looking at this.
Attached Thumbnails Set for record 100° roast-weather.gif  
Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Set for record 100° roast

Originally posted by Gra.B
Is that your motor Sully? Any plans on shipping it to NZ?

Gra..
Hi Gra. Thats my baby. But I am contemplating a tr5 or more likely a 6. It's nice cruising about with all the boxters and other exotica to see which one gets the looks. Could be in admiration or pity, who cares - great fun. True to my word, caught the sun and I'm glowing like a 60 watt bulb at the mo. I don't think it would be cost effective to take it to NZ. I was told by a car enthusiast whose hotel we stayed at there are plenty of restorers about. I saw mainly old mk11 jags and austin 1100's for some reason. Were they shipped there en mass?
LMS
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sully4441
Hi Gra. Thats my baby. But I am contemplating a tr5 or more likely a 6. It's nice cruising about with all the boxters and other exotica to see which one gets the looks. Could be in admiration or pity, who cares - great fun. True to my word, caught the sun and I'm glowing like a 60 watt bulb at the mo. I don't think it would be cost effective to take it to NZ. I was told by a car enthusiast whose hotel we stayed at there are plenty of restorers about. I saw mainly old mk11 jags and austin 1100's for some reason. Were they shipped there en mass?
LMS
Not sure whether to ship mine over or not, cost about £1100 in a container but for a couple of hundred more they'll build a frame around the car so you can get more stuff in. If I sell it I'd want another, I've seen some advertised but it could be hard to find the right one. Prices aren't too bad either....not sure what to do yet..

Gra..
Attached Thumbnails Set for record 100° roast-dscf0069.jpg  
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gra.B
Not sure whether to ship mine over or not, cost about £1100 in a container but for a couple of hundred more they'll build a frame around the car so you can get more stuff in. If I sell it I'd want another, I've seen some advertised but it could be hard to find the right one. Prices aren't too bad either....not sure what to do yet..

Gra..
I think it's a case of only you know your car - and very tasty it is - If I could find place in my cramped garage, I'd keep the frog and indulge myself. That was another car that we saw during our travels, time and time again - Triumph 2000's. Loads of them. Must be a booming parts market. Most were mint. Must be the lack of salt on the roads or they excel in bodywork repairs. Nice to see some old brit metal in good nick. The chap who owned the hotel we stayed at had a rover 100. He said there were a number of firms that would import, usually from the US or AUS, and refurb to customers wishes.
Just a final thought, are there any other costs associated with taking your car? I seem to remember somewhere that there was a hefty import tax to pay - or was that just in AUS?

Last edited by sully4441; Aug 6th 2003 at 7:30 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sully4441
Just a final thought, are there any other costs associated with taking your car? I seem to remember somewhere that there was a hefty import tax to pay - or was that just in AUS?
No, as long as you've owned it for over 1yr there's no duty or anything. Old cars are also exempt from something, can't really remember what...maybe the frontal impact thing?
Anyway, nothing extra to pay, just the WOF (MOT)

Gra..
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:55 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Meridian
You haven't been keeping track of what is happening in England at the moment. Unfortunately this hot weather is meant to be carrying on for weeks.
you poor bastards ,that,ll stuff up the infrastructure......... MM
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:58 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Only weeks!! try running your everyday life somewhere between 30-40 and upwards from October till April. Sun looses its appeal real fast. Mad dogs and englishmen, its true.

Not offen i agree with you............. MM
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:59 pm
Banned

Originally posted by mr mover
you poor bastards ,that,ll stuff up the infrastructure......... MM
Bugger all to stuff up in Australia , none here.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:04 pm
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You have loser written all over your post, believe it or not it rains in Australia and going out in 35c-45c is shite.

How would you know crack tester you never left yer" pooter "in 9 yrs........... MM
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:06 pm
Banned

Not so you should move farther North , seems its all in your mind looking at this.
yeah read it ..and in DECEMBER ...weep......... MM
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Typical Pom tosser , seen the news 2 train lines were affected out of hundreds as for the rest of your bollocks , I would say half your medication its too strong for you.

Afternoon PB.

You must be getting the cut down version of the news. I'm trying to quote from Radio London as the news is broadcast.

There is a blank speed restriction. There have been 15 instances of buckled rails and the effects are apparently stretching to the underground. It also seems signalling equipment is affected.

Having said all that a number of commuters said they hadn't really noticed since their trains were always overcrowded and delayed!

Still not sure whether it's better to be disappointed by a crap public transport system or (as you describe WA) not to have expectations in the first place.

Have a good one

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.