Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SEQ - Welcome to the storm season..

SEQ - Welcome to the storm season..

Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:17 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default SEQ - Welcome to the storm season..

Radars

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/radar....=1&lye=1&lyf=1

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.shtml

Warning.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html

The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:15 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near the area northwest of Toowoomba, Albany Creek, Enoggera, the area south of Helidon and Mulgowie. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to southeast. They are forecast to affect Toowoomba, Cleveland and Strathpine by 3:45 pm and Ipswich, Beaudesert, Laidley and Gatton by 4:15 pm.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SEQ - Welcome to the storm season..

Originally Posted by datamile
Radars

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/radar....=1&lye=1&lyf=1

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.shtml

Warning.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html

The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:15 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near the area northwest of Toowoomba, Albany Creek, Enoggera, the area south of Helidon and Mulgowie. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to southeast. They are forecast to affect Toowoomba, Cleveland and Strathpine by 3:45 pm and Ipswich, Beaudesert, Laidley and Gatton by 4:15 pm.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/radar/IDR663.gif
I'm near Strathpine and the thunder has started here. It was a lot worse last night at about midnight, I thought the house was going to cave in!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Loud thunder up here in North Lakes about 15 minutes ago, but virtually no rain.

Yet again, I managed to sleep through last night and completely missed the fact that there was a storm.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I left the house around 1.30 today and debated whether to take the dog as she goes MENTAL during storms and escapes.......I am glad I took her becuase it was thundering by 3pm and it still rumbling now....She is currently snuggled on the sofa with my daughter!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
I left the house around 1.30 today and debated whether to take the dog as she goes MENTAL during storms and escapes.......I am glad I took her becuase it was thundering by 3pm and it still rumbling now....She is currently snuggled on the sofa with my daughter!

Love

Rudi
x
Lots of hail being reported in places around Brisbane.......Albany Creek, Ferny Grove, Wynnum and Bulimba amongst others.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Lots of hail being reported in places around Brisbane.......Albany Creek, Ferny Grove, Wynnum and Bulimba amongst others.

Wish we could get some here, its real hot and muggy despite gusty winds (northly ones) nice cool hail, I could roll around in it
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Still no real rain here, though the sky is really, really dark now. It was 36 degrees on my car temp gauge earlier though.

Husband is driving back from Gatton just now - hope the roads are ok.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I spoke too soon - the heavens have opened big style here now
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

In the two visits to Brissie I've had, I've never experience a storm. It rained like stair rods one time but no thunder or lightning.

How bad are they exactly and what precautions should you take at home or outside?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony4563
In the two visits to Brissie I've had, I've never experience a storm. It rained like stair rods one time but no thunder or lightning.

How bad are they exactly and what precautions should you take at home or outside?
We all have bunkers built under our homes and retreat into those

Love

Rudi
x
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:02 am
ABCDiamond

I've been meaning to ask that since I arrived here in 2002.

Sometimes I turn my computer off if it looks really bad.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Sometimes I turn my computer off if it looks really bad.
Roll on the storm season eh!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of

Is it that bad you have to unplug tv aeriels and computers
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sometimes when it gets very wild I go around and unplug most of my stuff!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:36 am
ABCDiamond

Lightning can fry anything. In the UK many years ago, when portable home phones had telescopic aerials on the handset and the wall unit, we had a storm and I saw the flash between the two aerials. The phone was then dead.

If that happens to a computer, and fries the drive... And it does happen. Although, to be honest I lost more modems in the UK (one) to lighting than I have here (none).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.