Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

September Skills Expo in London - help!

September Skills Expo in London - help!

Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:17 am
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future
Question September Skills Expo in London - help!

I've registered for the Skills Expo but haven't heard anything yet. However, I've been contacted by an Australian company who would like to meet me there - they have said 'please advise me of your allocated day and time', but I don't even know if I'm going to receive an invite...

Does anyone know if there is anyone I can contact at the Expo about this?

Thanks in advance
Nick
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:34 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: September Skills Expo in London - help!

Originally Posted by ljk888
I've registered for the Skills Expo but haven't heard anything yet. However, I've been contacted by an Australian company who would like to meet me there - they have said 'please advise me of your allocated day and time', but I don't even know if I'm going to receive an invite...

Thanks in advance
Nick
If I were you i'd submit your application again!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice

Hi Guys

I have received my invitation and have heard that you need to reply and except it. The invitation does not mention this, can anyone tell me if i do need to reply to this invitation.

many thanks

Lynn
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:12 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn W
Hi Guys

I have received my invitation and have heard that you need to reply and except it. The invitation does not mention this, can anyone tell me if i do need to reply to this invitation.

many thanks

Lynn
Hi Lynn I read that on another thread too - it didn't mention in ours either that you need to reply :scared:
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:15 am
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

I actually received an invitation on Friday (but it was in my junk mail folder)... it didn't look like you had to respond - just turn up I reckon. From what they were saying about the amount of people, it didn't look like they really wanted to be contacted...
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:18 am

I actually received an invitation on Friday (but it was in my junk mail folder)... it didn't look like you had to respond - just turn up I reckon. From what they were saying about the amount of people, it didn't look like they really wanted to be contacted...
We got our invite Friday too. I'm sure you don't have to respond - they'd have made it pretty clear that you have to otherwise I reckon (well I hope so anyway ).

Good luck at the expo
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
Nick
A friend of mine is going she is a government officer here in Bunbury WA
you can email her at [email protected]
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

zazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud of

Hi, not a regular poster here but a regular reader! My partner and I are both going to the expo on Tues. We submitted an application to go and then got an email asking us to send our CVs in. We did this and then got an invitation that we had to confirm. I did this by phoning the number at the bottom of the email and on speaking to the girl at the high commission discovered that it's all been a bit busy and chaotic as this is the first expo of this type they have organised. I would email/phone to confirm your attendance. We're going at 9.30 Tuesday which is for people already holding visas (we also have our flights booked). HTH

Mike