Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sentosa Island and other Information

Sentosa Island and other Information

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:53 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Sentosa Island and other Information

Sentosa Island

Hi everyone, I thought I would post some information on Sentosa, prices etc..

First off you need to get a taxi to the Harbour Front and head for Tower 2 where you catch the cable car, you can go across by car but give the cable car a go. A taxi from the Orchard Road area will cost you approx $8 SGD.

At the entrance to Tower 2 is the ticket office. You can just pay for the cable car ride then pay admittance to whichever attraction you fancy. If you feel you are going to visit 2 or more attractions then pay for one of the 5 different tour options that they offer, it's definitely cheaper doing it this way (approx $50-$60 cheaper for 2 adults with 2 children).

If you have kids I can recommend the Dolphin Lagoon and the Butterfly Park. Butterfly's landing on you etc..

If you pay for one of the tour options you will have a guide assigned for your group. This gives you a group bus which will ferry you between attractions but really only gives you 1 hour at each attraction. We decided to bin this and made our own way around the Island which meant catching the normal Island buses with only a short waiting time.

Included in the Underwater World ticket price is a visit to the Dolphin Lagoon. The Dolphin Lagoon shows are at 1.30pm, 3.30pm & 5.30pm daily, make sure you arrive there at least 30-40 minutes prior to the show to enable you to get a front row seat.
They ask for volunteers to participate, if you do, you will get wet so if you fancy this take a spare pair of shorts, knicks and top.

For $13 you can get a picture of you with a dolphin.

Raffles Hotel

The Singapore Slings at Raffles are pre-made and stored in a 3 litre size carton, they don't make them in-front of you which is pretty poor I reckon. The hotel is grand, if you want to walk inside gents must wear trousers but you can wear shorts if you fancy a drink in the long bar which is outside.

Taxis (each way)

From the Airport to Orchard Road area...approx $15 SGD.

From Orchard Road to Sentosa cable car departure....approx $8.

From Orchard Road to Raffles for a gander.....approx $8.

From Orchard Road to China Town.....approx $8.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Sentosa Island and other Information-tour-options.jpg   Sentosa Island and other Information-raffles-hotel.jpg  
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:59 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sentosa Island and other Information

Originally Posted by rossifumi

The Singapore Slings at Raffles are pre-made and stored in a 3 litre size carton, they don't make them in-front of you which is pretty poor I reckon. The hotel is grand, if you want to walk inside gents must wear trousers but you can wear shorts if you fancy a drink in the long bar which is outside.

I felt quite ripped off with that, we did seem to have a never ending suppy of peanuts though.

Mind you, I was backpacking, and raffles was the first place I had been to in a week with hot water, so I let the singapore sling rip off slide

Sentosa is definately a good day out, we go the cable car there and back and spent most of the day in the water park and orchid garden.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:40 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sentosa Island and other Information

Great post thanks as I'm hopefully going to stop off in Singapore for a few days next time we go