Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending a pram from Uk to Australia - options?

Sending a pram from Uk to Australia - options?

Old Oct 9th 2011, 11:37 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Sending a pram from Uk to Australia - options?

Hey!

I moved to Aus nearly 3 years ago, and when we moved we decided that we were definitely not having any more children . . . I'm now 20 weeks pregnant!

We have a gorgeous, near new, pram in the UK, and we are trying to find the cheapest way of getting it over here! It is not a stroller/ buggy, so doesn't fold that small, and also has a rocking cradle base. I've worked out that folded, the footage is about 30 cubic feet!

So anyone suggest how best to get it over, or any idea of potential cost? I'm in no real hurry as, I still have another 20 weeks till I'll need it.

Thanks

K x
Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending a pram from Uk to Australia - options?

try the removal companies - they may have shared containers you can buy into. Are you sure you got your calculations correct? Even for a big pram that's enormous!

Or try some couriers:- As an idea I used parcel2go.com last year for a large box 90*50*22cm at 12KG and it cost about 125 UKpounds. they use various mainstream carriers and search for the best prices.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:51 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Thanks for that!

It has a chassis, body and wooden cradle. Folded down the rough dimensions are 100x60x85, and weight is about 20kg!

All the couriers I have tried so far have been in the region of $1000!!

Their calculations have put it at about 18 cubic feet . . . hmmm, maybe I was a tad off! Lol!

Last edited by kar-kier; Oct 10th 2011 at 3:53 am.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

is it worth splitting into two smaller parcels?

Curious what a removals company will charge - not that I need a pram but have a largish heavy purchase in mind too. Can you post on here if you get any quotes for them
Old Oct 10th 2011, 7:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kar-kier
Thanks for that!

It has a chassis, body and wooden cradle. Folded down the rough dimensions are 100x60x85, and weight is about 20kg!

All the couriers I have tried so far have been in the region of $1000!!

Their calculations have put it at about 18 cubic feet . . . hmmm, maybe I was a tad off! Lol!
How much would Seven Seas or Excess Baggage charge if you sent it as three smaller packages? Worth checking out.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 7:12 am
Living the dream!

Originally Posted by Safin
is it worth splitting into two smaller parcels?

Curious what a removals company will charge - not that I need a pram but have a largish heavy purchase in mind too. Can you post on here if you get any quotes for them
I've just got a quote from Anglo Pacific. For my 18 cubic feet they are quoting just under £247. That appears to include all charges and is door to door service. Only charge it says that may be on top, is quarantine!